Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If Hughton put our premier league status at risk, then what is potter doing?

He's putting out a team that got 67% possession on Saturday and had 23 shots. Not his fault that Solly couldn't even hit the target from 2 yards or Maupay saved a certain goal from Dunk.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
IN.

It would be suicide to change.

But I want to see a) Potter put a rocket up them and get the team looking like they want to win rather than just expecting it and b) a more consistent team selection-they look like they need to settle into something more recognizable week in and week out (more recognizable than being a bit lightweight that is.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

In.
I have said before, making the change we did, I was concerned that we might have been adrift at the bottom of the table by the end of September. We are rightly concerned that we are slipping closer, but we have always been in a relegation battle, regardless of our points/table standing. I understand the argument for and against Statistics, but they do help to see beyond the result - in the way that others used them to say how poor we were despite beating Wolves, Newcastle last season, you have to use them to see how much do we need to change now - it really is "not a lot" and certainly not the manager and his back-room team right now. We may go down, but the Statistics tell us, or me anyway, that we are still capable of winning games, earning points. Last season they told me we were good for a point here and there at best. Any short-term bliss bought about by staying up this season, having dispensed with the manager, leaves you with the question of what next? Why will it be any different next season? What are we building for ? That vision appears pretty clear to me at the moment, and I don't think that changes or is lost with the threat or reality of relegation - not because we are guaranteed to come back up immediately, but we can continue to build in a way to give us a shot at that long-term "success" of being a PL top 10 club.
I think a lot of the frustration or angst is driven because we are almost a very good side - but not quite.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We haven't got a 37 year old striker.

Beg your pardon. Strikers - His decision and his alone to go with a First year premiership striker, an 18 year old, and a 36 year old, and loan out two strikers valued at £15m .:D

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
100% in.

Like Webster & Maupay, Potter needs a 2nd season in the Premier League to shine.

The truth is, we created so much more against Palace than when we beat them 3-1 but could not convert a series of chances most other Premier League teams would convert, then Ryan threw it in his one net.

Let’s see how we do against the big boys in March & April, when we start scoring again, I think we’ll get the points to stay up.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Amazing how [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] only show up after we've had a disappointing loss. By amazing I mean depressingly predictable, obviously.

Yes obviously because you all got it wrong blaming Hughton! He should have been given till the first few games of the season at least. The way he was rid off was disgusting, he did so much for us. And then we employ Potter and give him 6 a year contract after 4 wins, it is bizzare. Maybe it needed for this to happen to open everyone's eyes! Even if we do stay up which I believe we will my point remains valid. Managing Brighton is a really tough job irrespective of who you put in the seat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes obviously because you all got it wrong blaming Hughton! He should have been given till the first few games of the season at least. The way he was rid off was disgusting, he did so much for us. And then we employ Potter and give him 6 a year contract after 4 wins, it is bizzare. Maybe it needed for this to happen to open everyone's eyes! Even if we do stay up which I believe we will my point remains valid. Managing Brighton is a really tough job irrespective of who you put in the seat.

“We” ..... you’re Palace.

As least post in the second person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here