Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fail please. Although I rate him. I am, somewhat disappointingly, finding small shreds of pity for him as he looks so lost and alone on the touchline. There must be a part of him, the honest part, which must in the small quiet hours of the morning, admit to himself that he's made a terrible terrible mistake.
Then he checks his Coutts online bank balance, hops in the Bentley and goes to work with world-class talent such as Cucurella.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He will not have failed at a personal level.
He will not have to work again and be set up for life, job done.
Doesn’t work like that. He’s motivated by footballing success….he’ll be rich, but live a sad, lonely existence watching endless replays of us beating Leicester sat in his pants, dribbling soup down his front.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I just want the message that leaving Brighton for the BBD (bigger, better, deal) will, more often than not, end in failure and disaster.

Why?

Nothing personal but I’d prefer us to be able to keep folk like Ashworth, Potter, Bruno, Roberts, Cucurella, Bissouma and Winstanley instead of losing them to the big buck.

If Potter fails, perhaps others currently at the club will think twice before jumping ship. That is my motivation in wishing in failure.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Curious at the general sentiment on this, so humour me please...
There’s no option for ‘ Or are you just getting bored to death talking about fcink Potter?’ 😂

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was bitter when he left and wanted him to fail.
I've long predicted this would be exactly what happened the day he left.
The fans won't be patient, and the chairman will buckle sooner rather than later, and he'll be on the merry-go-round by end of season.

As of right now, I really don't care. This is entirely due to how exceptional RDZ and his team have been.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he fails badly at Chelsea he will disappear with his payout and won't be seen again.
Yeah but he's a comparatively young man who's devoted all his adult life to football management.
It's almost impossible to believe the just walks away.
He has unfinished business written all over him, he just can't make such a blinkered choice next time round.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yeah but he's a comparatively young man who's devoted all his adult life to football management.
It's almost impossible to believe the just walks away.
He has unfinished business written all over him, he just can't make such a blinkered choice next time round.
If I were in a position to retire at his age and not have to put up with the pressures anymore I would disappear.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don’t dislike him (won’t stop me booing him if he gets another game against us) and it would be good if he turns it around (which given time I think he will) but seeing Chelsea suffer is great fun.
Supporters who have an inflated level of importance with a fair few he couldn’t find their way to Stamford Bridge and an annoying American in charge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I were in a position to retire at his age and not have to put up with the pressures anymore I would disappear.
Me too.
But then again I haven't crafted a specific career plan, which is probably one of the many reasons my current boss doesn't value at £10m a year.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I must admit to being gutted when he left and felt the nature of his departure was pretty unpleasant but I always felt we were his stepping stone to one of the elite clubs.

I guess I'd be firmly in the minority of those that want him to succeed, the impact he had with us ,the way we developed him as a coach and how he reaped the rewards of our increible scouting network/player development has raised our profile massively IMO.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s not that I want him to fail, but I find the fact he is incredibly funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here