Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] POTS?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For me, a player needs to have played a minimum of 30 games to be considered POTS.

I think Biss was better (the best) last year. This year he has had an arrest, African nations, injury and suspensions to overcome so he does not make my top 3.

An honourable mention to Tross and Maupay. Both lack consistency though. Neal missed to many sitter and Tross played like Hazard in only 20% of his appearances.

Cucu wins by a mile, Mac second as this has been the season where he properly established himself and then reliable and consistent old Joel in third.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was Burn for me until he left, but now has to be Cucurella.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
First half of the season I'd say Biss or Tross but they both had a dip jan - march so on that reason I'm going to cast my vote for Cucurella who has been consistently excellent game after game.

Does Cucurella have a song yet? If he doesn't, surely someone can come up with something based off of the copacabana tune.

He is Cucu, cu-cu-curella
our left back from Catalonia
he is Cucu, cu-cu-curella
big hair and football are always his passion
with the Cucu we fell in love.

Something like that but better...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
First half of the season I'd say Biss or Tross but they both had a dip jan - march so on that reason I'm going to cast my vote for Cucurella who has been consistently excellent game after game.

Does Cucurella have a song yet? If he doesn't, surely someone can come up with something based off of the copacabana tune.

He is Cucu, cu-cu-curella
our left back from Catalonia
he is Cucu, cu-cu-curella
big hair and football are always his passion
with the Cucu we fell in love.

Something like that but better...

What about:

Marc Cucurella
Marc Cucurella
He eats paella
He drinks Estrella
His hair is ****in massive

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On performances, it's Cucurella.
On performance + demeanour it's Veltman.

I've gone for Velts as PotS is about more than just who is the best footballer, for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely Cucurella. Don’t really remember his standards slipping at any point this season.

Bissouma - despite being mostly very good - had a number of poor games this season. Trossard - again even with a good season overall - was also pretty anonymous for quite a few games.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And the Joint winners are ,,,,,
Cucerella and Veltman ,
Both brilliant all season long

I agree with you. Very very difficult to choose between these two. Trossard has been absolutely brilliant at times, but too inconsistent for me. Ditto Bissouma.

When does the voting open? Nothing on the club site yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely Cucurella. Don’t really remember his standards slipping at any point this season.

Bissouma - despite being mostly very good - had a number of poor games this season. Trossard - again even with a good season overall - was also pretty anonymous for quite a few games.

If Cucu's crossing of the ball was better, he'd have walked away with it for me, but it's not great is it? As it is he still might get my vote but as stated above if Tross scores a couple more crucial goals or assists he'll probably get it :shrug:

Especially if one of them is a winner against United, puts Leeds in the relegation zone or secures Europe with the winner against WHU :lolol:

Yes I am fully aware that I am a dreamer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here