Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POTG [IS available] at Peterborough

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
our club want us to buy tickets from them it seems and not bowl up there for POTG.......not sure what they gain from this? 50p booking charges?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
To stop selling tickets from our end at 11am is plain stupid. Today was always going to see a rush for tickets on the back of Saturday's results. By the time I had cleared the time off with work I couldn't get a ticket through BHA so now have to POTG. Not only might it put some people off going (those concerned that the POTG option won't be there there) but it also means that potentially valuable loyalty points will not be awarded for anyone who couldn't commit until after 11am today. Why on earth couldn't BHA have kept them on sale until close of play today and then either courier the tickets back to Peterborough or send them up in the morning with one of the numerous other club representatives that will be travelling up?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
our club want us to buy tickets from them it seems and not bowl up there for POTG.......not sure what they gain from this? 50p booking charges?

Our club stopped selling them at 11am

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I wished these clubs would get their acts together.

It does seem rather odd (from this thread and many other past threads) how our club actually seem to go out of their way to make it difficult to support the Albion.

I phoned the ticket office today wanting two Blackpool tickets for two friends (would have been their first time at the Amex). Because they would not be able to sit in the same stand, I wanted them to send me the tickets rather than load them onto my season ticket. Ticket office said they couldn't do this and the friends would have to register themselves with the club. The friends said they couldn't be arsed to register, so net result is two less tickets sold and two new potential fans lost.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
abc,

My other half and my brother wanted to go to the watford match just after
christmas - so I had to create two new registrations for them.....so *you* could
do if for your mates.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Away clubs earn a commission for selling the home club's tickets.

According to Paul Barber it's the other way round where by the away team get penalised for not selling tickets and why we only send clubs 2000 tickets, in our case if away clubs don't sell the original 2000 tickets they send them back and cover the costs but if we offer them a bigger allocation any tickets that don't sell we pay the costs. Can't remember the exact details of the costs but it would explain why some clubs refuse 2000 tickets and take smaller numbers which they know they can sell.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We got our three tickets from the Amex at around 10am. Booked the last few Seagull coach tickets left at 11am - leaving Withdean 2-35pm tomorrow-------Phew:eek: - left it a bit late tho:albion2:

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Rang the club at 4pm didn't bother going through to speak to anyone as first part of answer phone message said fans would be able to pay on the gate at Peterborough. So I will be on the train tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just a bounce to stop those that clearly have so little time in their life that they can't be bothered scroll down more than the top three threads!

Mini rant over.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Don't want to do the four hour round trip from Windsor until I know for sure. If anyone gets a definite answer from Peterboro, can they post contact and number please.

why dont you call the Peterborough ticket office yourself

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
why dont you call the Peterborough ticket office yourself

Mate... I did call the Peterboro Ticket office, I spoke to an operative and then spoke to a the manager and was told by both that there was absolutely No POTG. The Brighton Ticket Office said that you could only pick up tickets in Brighton. That is why I started the thread to warn our lot to be careful of travelling without tickets. Just spoke to their ticket office again this morning on the same number and bought a ticket on the terrace for about £20 and am picking it up at the ground tonight. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO BLOODY COMPLICATED!!!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have to do several POTG away games during the season. I keep an eye on threads like this on NSC for updates but no disrespect I always bother to check with the home ticket office before travelling. There is no way I would risk travelling without checking first, just for the sake of a quick phone call. Some Clubs are very helpful and give clear and definitive advice such as the number of tickets left, what time these are available and where from (not always at the away turnstiles). It is best not to assume that just because in theory their away area could accomodate 4000 away fans and The Albion have say only bought 1500 that they will automatically make all of the spare seats available.

Many home Clubs will only bother to sell a few hundred OTG and often these are restricted to the balance of the Albions original allocation, brought up from The Amex on the day. It is not unusual to see an Albion official jogging from the team bus to the away turnstiles around an hour (maybe less) before KO carrying a bundle of tickets. For example at Bolton they wouldn't open the turnstiles until the tickets arrived about 40 mins before KO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here