Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potetnial squad overhaul

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Naylor read that of here as Insider gave it as the response to my question ;)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I don't really know who else we could get rid of, maybe a couple of the younger players as they don't seem to be out on loan, and the only one to make the bench so far has been Wills (of those who signed professional in the summer).

Can't see it happening though really as Louis and Pearson were highly rated last year.

Oh, I forgot Jonny Dixon.

Last edited:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Naylor read that of here as Insider gave it as the response to my question ;)

I think we all know Naylor gets most of his stories from here. I know for a fact there was a rumour about a player we were apparently going to sign which was completely made up by somebody on here, and it made The Argus and our manager had to come out and deny it.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I don't really know who else we could get rid of, maybe a couple of the younger players as they don't seem to be out on loan, and the only one to make the bench so far has been Wills (of those who signed professional in the summer).

Can't see it happening though really as Louis and Pearson were highly rated last year.

Mayo, Hart, Robinson & Loft. All pointless wastes of the wage bill.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Mayo, Hart, Robinson & Loft. All pointless wastes of the wage bill.

As much as the people on NSC want Mayo and Hart to go, I can't really see it happening. Both when fit have been on the bench and I think they will both be here until the end of the season, or at least under Adams.

Robinson - debatable. Surely he wants to be playing first-team football but where would he get it? I'm sure we'd want some sort of fee for him as well, although probably not a lot, but would anyone risk paying for him?

Loft - he's not as bad as some people make him out to be, but surely his inexperience of playing in the FL will mean he won't be going anywhere above Conference level

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Get rid of: Mayo, Hart, Dixon, Loft, Hawkins

Get in: 2X central midfielder, at least 1x leftback, striker who offers something different (Fleetwood is ok but very similar to Forster and in reality not much better than Robinson)

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
As much as the people on NSC want Mayo and Hart to go, I can't really see it happening. Both when fit have been on the bench and I think they will both be here until the end of the season, or at least under Adams.

Robinson - debatable. Surely he wants to be playing first-team football but where would he get it? I'm sure we'd want some sort of fee for him as well, although probably not a lot, but would anyone risk paying for him?

Loft - he's not as bad as some people make him out to be, but surely his inexperience of playing in the FL will mean he won't be going anywhere above Conference level

I think he's trying to give Mayo & Hart an opportunity. Mayo came on at Swindon and didn't even look like a footballer anymore.

Robinson has shown a bit of promise for too long now, and I think it's about time he got a new start somewhere else, anywhere else, and good luck to him.

I quite like Loft to be honest. I've seen him come on away from home, and actually look threatening. However, if we're never going to give him a proper chance, what's the point paying his wages?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you're talking about a squad overhaul, there's no point in pissing about with the peripheral players. They'd be going anyway.

A squad overhaul means losing the likes of (though not necessarily exactly) Robinson, Fraser, Cox, Whing, McLeod etc - regular or semi-regular first-team players, ad put in players who can command a first team place almost permanently on merit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you're talking about a squad overhaul, there's no point in pissing about with the peripheral players. They'd be going anyway.

A squad overhaul means losing the likes of (though not necessarily exactly) Robinson, Fraser, Cox, Whing, McLeod etc - regular or semi-regular first-team players, ad put in players who can command a first team place almost permanently on merit.

Which is spot on.

If we entered the Championship we would be turned over easily with those kind of players, heck, they can't even do it in League One.

We have a piss poor squad that needs serious overhauling if we have any sort of aspirations to get out of League One and stay in the Championship.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Not really, if you want to strengthen the SQUAD it makes sense to keep those players, but bring in players to compete with them. Rather than getting rid of them and getting in new guys to replace them, but then still having no quality in the squad to challenge them or replace them.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
They won't get rid of Mayo or Hart because that would mean that Dean was right to get rid and they won't do that - plus as Micky has said there will always be a place for "gary hart in a micky adams team" - god help us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here