Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential Transfer Targets

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
First team football. The best facilities of 'the other' Premier league teams. They wouldn't have to move (if they didn't fancy it), and if they did it's close enough to feel connected to friends and family. A decent 'cosmopolitan' city. A decent wage.

We would be able to compete wages wise as their youth squad are not nessarily on big money and, as you say, first team football would be a huge attraction to many !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You misunderstand my point clearly, yes these players would be an improvement for us, but they aren't going to come to Brighton - we can't afford their wages and they won't want to come to a team fending off relegation - maybe some of the players you name may come out on loan, but us buy them, no!

I stand by my point, our recruitment will not come from Premier League teams reserves/development squads!

It's really unsurprising that I misunderstand your point, because what you're saying is all over the place. What you've said in post 71 (ie above) is that they're too good to come to us whereas what you said when I responded to you (copy-and-pasted below) is that they're not good enough for us, and won't improve our squad. See:

Maybe that's true, but I can't see how taking Chelsea's surplus to requirements is an improvement. I still think the bulk of our transfer activity will come from outside England, just hopefully a little more successful than of late...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It's really unsurprising that I misunderstand your point, because what you're saying is all over the place. What you've said in post 71 (ie above) is that they're too good to come to us whereas what you said when I responded to you (copy-and-pasted below) is that they're not good enough for us, and won't improve our squad. See:

Maybe that's true, but I can't see how taking Chelsea's surplus to requirements is an improvement. I still think the bulk of our transfer activity will come from outside England, just hopefully a little more successful than of late...

They're too good to come to us but not good enough for us.
Makes perfect sense!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That’s what I thought but according to Wales Online and The Sun (yes I know), he’s out of contract next season which is why it’s a lower price. Swansea are not in a great position either apparently with dubious owners.

Man Utd now also after him apparently.

He’s only 21, so being out of contract isn’t all that important. If it runs down, the buying (UK) club still have to pay compensation

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

My point was, and still is, expect us to do the bulk of our transfer business outside of our rivals in the Premier League - as for the confusion, I was trying to get over the idea that if players named are as good as is being said then why would they come to Brighton, if they do come to us then clearly the releasing club doesn’t think they are as good as we think - clear? :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My point was, and still is, expect us to do the bulk of our transfer business outside of our rivals in the Premier League - as for the confusion, I was trying to get over the idea that if players named are as good as is being said then why would they come to Brighton, if they do come to us then clearly the releasing club doesn’t think they are as good as we think - clear? :)

Yes, got that, although your clear view seems to be based on what's happened over the last four or so (and especially last two) years' worth of transfers. My hunch is that the appointment of Ashworth means that we'll be targeting young English players in future transfer windows. Whether there are more of these than from abroad is a different question.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Some posters really need to stay in their lane. (and keep the stabilisers on)

jxfJUmcATg63JesUHr4s_Bike%20How%20Not%20to.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So: Out of the potential positions we may need filled, here's a list of suggestions

RB: Reece James (Chelsea), James Justin (luton), Jayden Bogle (FL Derby), James Tavernier (Rangers), Jonathan Schmid (Augsburg, we allegedly had scouts at their recent game), Kenny Lala (Strasbourg)

CM: Teji Savanier (Nimes, My favourite player in this list), Mickael Cuisance (Monchengladbach), Rade Krunic (Empoli), Arne Maier (Hertha BSC), Florian Grillistch (Hoffenheim), Sander Berge (Genk), Joan Jordan (Eibar), Dorukhan Tokoz (Besiktas), Will Vaulks (Rotherham), Maximila Eggestein (Werder Bremen),
Stevie Mallan (Hibs), John Mcginn (Villa), David Turnbull (Motherwell), Matias Rojas (Defensa y Justica), Jonas Hoffman (Monchengladbach), Pizzi (Benfica),Isaac Hayden (Newcastle), Maxime Lopez (Marseille), Phillip Billing/Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield)
Ruslan Malinovskyi (Genk), Phillip Klement (Paderborn), Louis Schaub (Koln), Tom Cairney (Fulham)

CAM: Ondrej Duda (Hertha BSC), Hans Vanaken (Brugge), Chiquinho (Moreirense), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese), Brais Mendez (Celta Vigo),Dani Olmo (Dinamo Zagreb), Bradley Dack (Blackburn)

LW/RW: Ademola Lookman (Everton), Jarrod Bowen (Hull), Daniel James (Swansea), Said Benrahma (Brentford), Edin Visca (Basaksehir), Jony (Alaves), Milot Rashica (Werder Bremen), Marcus Thuram (Guingamp), Manuel Lazzari (SPAL), Anastasios Chatzigiovanis (Pathinakos), Remi Oudin (Reims), Robert Skov (Copenhagen)

ST: Borja Iglesias (Espanyol), Oli McBurnie (Swansea), Mbwana Samatta (Genk), Pedro (Fluminese), Duvan Zapata (Sampadoria, on loan at Atlanta, very unlikley), Andrea Petagna (SPAL), Neal Maupay (Brentford), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo, for the second striker role), Jean-Phillipe Mateta (Mainz), Che Adams (Birmingham), Baghdad Bounedjah (Al Sadd), Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham), Josef Martinez (Atalanta), Albian Ajeti (Basel), Fedor Chalov (CSKA), Willian Jose (Real Sociedad), Youssef En-Nesyri (Leganes), Leonardo Pavoletti (Cagliari)

Probably some I'm forgetting. Will need to spend 60 million in the summer for sure. I know all these names because I'm a bit of a football stat/scout nerd, but no doubt most of these will fall into the 'Never heard of' category, so i'll be disappointed if we don't sign at least one player on this list (which shouldn't be too hard as I've listed probably half the players in Europe and some from the rest of the world)

Boy - You obviously get your money's worth out of your Sky and BT Sport Subscriptions

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
IMHO there are two things we need to identify in any of our targets this summer.

1. Pace
2. PL experience

If they have neither then we shouldn't be interested IMHO (except in exceptional circumstances).

I still think , as backed up by statements last close season, that our recruitment will predominantly come from abroad. Better value and a larger resource pool.

Spanish 2nd division striker I reckon....

TNBA

TTF

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Think my football knowledge is lacking. I could only think of Babel and you have left him out
He also missed someone else out. Although he does mention his Club.

Come to think it he mentions almost everyone's Club

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great prospect, but the '£10 million price tag' is clearly NOT right, seeing as that's the price they turned DOWN from Leeds in January (before he had a blistering second half of the season).

Indeed. Probably up to at least £15m now, though Swansea would be under a fair bit of pressure to sell, given their financial position. I'd love to see him here, but we won't be near the front of the queue.

I can see him at Bournemouth, especially if Fraser goes to Arsenal as has been suggested in the press. Exactly the sort Howe goes for: young, skilful and outrageously quick. Will slot in perfectly down there (assuming him and Brooks could play in the same side).

If we're talking about a Championship gamble, I'd be interested to see how Bradley Dack got on in the PL. Clearly very talented, not sure he's got the pace that we're after, but he certainly appears to think a few steps ahead of opponents, which is half the battle. He's the sort who can produce an unexpected bit of magic to win a game, a player who excites watchers. He hails from the south east anyway (Kent, I think), so perhaps he'd fancy a move closer to home if the price was right. So long as his textbook footballer tabloid-fodder WAG situation didn't get in the way of his game...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I still think , as backed up by statements last close season, that our recruitment will predominantly come from abroad. Better value and a larger resource pool.

Spanish 2nd division striker I reckon....

TNBA

TTF
Better value only if they work out in the PL. Otherwise your just pissing money away AJ hasn’t done anything of note.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here