Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential Transfer Targets

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Owen, Prichard and Bridcutt, who's out of favour at Forest and looking for a new challenge.

Triple SWOOP :albion2:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Daniel James from Swansea should be high on our list, he is the real deal and exactly the sort of player we need - pace to burn.

Also wanted by Man City/Everton/Leeds but if the £10 million price tag is right, I think that’s a snip in today’s market.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A few others worth considering?

Strikers :
Christhian Stuani - Girona
Iago Aspas - Celta Vigo
Nicolas Pepe - Lille
Aleksander Mitrovic - Fulham
Duvan Zapata - Atalanta - This guy would be fantastic. Seen a fair bit of him in Italy this season and would be a great addition.

Midfield :
Bradley Dack - Blackburn
Mateusz Klich - Leeds (if not promoted)
Giovani Lo Celso - Real Betis

Left Back :
Moritz Bauer - Stoke City
Reece James - Chelsea/Wigan (currently on loan)

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He might be a bit out of our price range and he’ll probably be wanted by bigger champions league clubs but I would love us to make a push for Duvan Zapata of Atalanta. Absolute quality and exactly the type of striker we need.

Atalanta may well make the champions league so he’ll probaby want to stay there then anyway but he’s previously been linked with West Ham and Newcastle and Atalanta are a very prudent club so I doubt he’ll be on massive money so maybe not totally unrealistic.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I do hope the desire for Giroud gets put to bed nice and early, as said elsewhere would be one of the worst signing EVER and I'd rather start with shot shy Murrayoffside.

That's just how wrong you people are.

Sorry but you are talking pure Gash, He would be decent for anyone in the Prem, however we wouldnt get him as his wages are far too high, without taking into account his motivation to wanting to come and play for someone like us, he has very little to prove.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sorry but you are talking pure Gash, He would be decent for anyone in the Prem, however we wouldnt get him as his wages are far too high, without taking into account his motivation to wanting to come and play for someone like us, he has very little to prove.

Think you've been whooshed.

But I still agree with you. I think [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] tries to be light hearted and "funny" all the time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I believe he's on £120k a week on his current deal.

Now he's the wrong side of 30, I can't see he would be expecting to match that. A 3 year deal to take him to his mid 30's, at about £80k a week doesn't sound ridiculous. If we are not competing for players at £80k a week, then can we please stop saying Hughton should have us playing better football, and holding station further up the table, because that is what the teams in those positions are paying. If we are not competing with the likes of West Ham off the field then we cannot expect to be matching them on it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Strikers :
Iago Aspas - Celta Vigo
Nicolas Pepe - Lille
Duvan Zapata - Atalanta - This guy would be fantastic. Seen a fair bit of him in Italy this season and would be a great addition.

Midfield :
Bradley Dack - Blackburn

Left Back :

Yep that's more like it. We've got no hope of Zapata but I like your thinking.

Given that this thread is turning into a complete wild-wild-west-free-for-all I'm going to chuck in Samuel Chukweze from Villareal who would absolutely tear the Prem up.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Been saying Giroud for a while now.

Won't get a big club come near him anymore, and with his move to Chelsea he turned down a move North, so wants to stay in London, or nearby. Although he'll instantly become our top wage earner, it's the market we need to move in. No use saying we "should be higher in the table with this squad" when actually it's clubs higher in the table like West Ham (roughly where we all seem to think we should be?) that swoop in, sign a player like this and we all shrug saying "well, the wages they can offer, we just can't compete."

Agreed. I still think he’s the best out and out centre forward I have seen at the Amex - his performance against us for Arsenal the other year was just outstanding. Bit of a dream purchase as I don’t think we are big enough for him. With him in the team, it would give us so many options and give us a real chance of mid table.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO there are two things we need to identify in any of our targets this summer.

1. Pace
2. PL experience

If they have neither then we shouldn't be interested IMHO (except in exceptional circumstances).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Strikers :
Iago Aspas - Celta Vigo
Nicolas Pepe - Lille

Midfield :
Bradley Dack - Blackburn

Left Back :

Too many in that list have good experience in a competitive league. We need to be looking at Holland.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
According to the Mail on Sunday
Brighton and Southampton are weighing up a bid for Rangers' goalscoring full-back James Tavernier this summer

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
For ****s sake, when will people get it, we won’t buy any of theses random names...

Our recruitment policy is we will buy, mainly, from abroad and players we have never heard of (well most of us, as there’s always one smart Alec).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Daniel James from Swansea should be high on our list, he is the real deal and exactly the sort of player we need - pace to burn.

Also wanted by Man City/Everton/Leeds but if the £10 million price tag is right, I think that’s a snip in today’s market.

Great prospect, but the '£10 million price tag' is clearly NOT right, seeing as that's the price they turned DOWN from Leeds in January (before he had a blistering second half of the season).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I probably am and am happy to be wrong, here's what I wrote this morning when also challenged:-

I was going to back down a little, but I just scrolled through has stats and had to go right back to 2015/16 season before finding anything of worth, since then he has been the very epitome of diminishing returns.
All he's done is beat up shite teams, probably because he has some of the worlds best talent surrounding him.

So I'm sticking with my initial (gut reaction) assessment, he'll be worse than GM, if playing for us, because at least Glenn appears to care about being proper shitehouse.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Rumours about Reece James and James Tavernier, both rightbacks, indicate either Montoya or Bruno won't be here next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here