Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential signings with a Roberto link

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So, there’s plenty of rumours going around re Moises and Leo potentially being targeted by Chelsea, especially due to Potter’s departure to Chelsea, and Potter’ inside knowledge and relationship with the Brighton players.

However, the flipside is that we should have a fairly large transfer budget for Roberto in January and next summer. He’ll have a very good understanding of talented players in Italy and potentially from the Ukraine top division.

This may have been covered in other threads but worth a conversation around who Roberto may have his eyes on as additions to the squad.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
So, there’s plenty of rumours going around re Moises and Leo potentially being targeted by Chelsea, especially due to Potter’s departure to Chelsea, and Potter’ inside knowledge and relationship with the Brighton players.

However, the flipside is that we should have a fairly large transfer budget for Roberto in January and next summer. He’ll have a very good understanding of talented players in Italy and potentially from the Ukraine top division.

This may have been covered in other threads but worth a conversation around who Roberto may have his eyes on as additions to the squad.

Yes, it's exciting, let's get some Italians and Ukrainians in !

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Mudryk would be an amazing signing, although not likely due to other clubs that have targeted him. However, it is a very Brighton target and if we could pull it off due to Roberto’s link it would be a ‘special’ signing.
Will label under ‘unlikely but exciting’.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mudryk would be an amazing signing, although not likely due to other clubs that have targeted him. However, it is a very Brighton target and if we could pull it off due to Roberto’s link it would be a ‘special’ signing.
They rejected a £30m bid from Everton in the summer, I don’t think we have ever spent £20m on a player let alone over £30m.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we get some Ukrainians in we can play the victim every week and make sure everyone who beats us is accused of siding with Putin. I’m all in.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

He would definitely be a good option if we were to lose Trossard

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
They rejected a £30m bid from Everton in the summer, I don’t think we have ever spent £20m on a player let alone over £30m.

We have been rumoured to have made a couple of big bids of over £20m that have previously been rejected. Nunez and Gonzalez.
Everton allegedly bid €30m when the pound was worth more! Although with these type of offers it depends what the offer was upfront and what was the total bid with add ins.
Yes, unlikely, although Everton are apparently still interested and the player is keen on a Premier League move.
With our player sales in the summer could we have the money to make a deal like this possible? He’d do better joining us than Everton, whatever Maupay says!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If we get some Ukrainians in we can play the victim every week and make sure everyone who beats us is accused of siding with Putin. I’m all in.

Sadly didn't work out for us last season when we tried playing in our Ukrainian look-alike kit.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Obiang and Locatelli were the heart of the Sassuolo midfield, though I think Locatelli is now on loan elsewhere, isn't he? Was Obiang any good at West Ham? I must admit I remember him playing there, but not how well he did. I think he was in the side we built 3-0 away in our first Premier League season, when Murray was just about unplayable. Obiang didn't stand out, but I don't think any of their players did.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Both Shakhtar and Sassuolo are clubs with decent resources and paying their players well. Difficult to make financially good deals with them. They're not going to roll over in negotiations.

Central defender Marlon (the guy who is often standing on the ball) is the only player that Roberto brought from Sassuolo to Shakhtar. Exceptionally technical defender who is also quite error prone. Currently on loan in Monza but they're not doing that well and if Roberto wants his Marlon, maybe Tony Bloom could call Silvio Berlusconi in January and sort it out somehow (like taking over the loan deal).

Domenico Berardi Scores 1in 2 on average maybe to old now for decent money.

He's apparently a strange boy and will unlikely leave Sassuolo and much less Italy.

Obiang and Locatelli were the heart of the Sassuolo midfield, though I think Locatelli is now on loan elsewhere, isn't he? Was Obiang any good at West Ham? I must admit I remember him playing there, but not how well he did. I think he was in the side we built 3-0 away in our first Premier League season, when Murray was just about unplayable. Obiang didn't stand out, but I don't think any of their players did.

Locatelli is on loan at Juventus and they have an obligation to buy him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here