Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Need to look for "extreme outsiders".

Foreign managers who speak good English (or the Scottish variant) and know the British game, preferably English through experience as a Managers (and preferable as a player as well).

If we get an English Manager in the Hughton era/mould he is only going to muck up the existing style.

How many that qualify are around?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comedy list, most having been out of the game for years, why do they get dragged into these betting odds? Dalglish? Vialli?

only two strike me a sensible to even be considered outsiders, Ince and Jol.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Vicente/Calderon combo

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Gus Poyet

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
comedy list, most having been out of the game for years, why do they get dragged into these betting odds? Dalglish? Vialli?

only two strike me a sensible to even be considered outsiders, Ince and Jol.

I thought Kenny Dalglish knew his stuff. He would make a great Director of Football.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing to annoy TSB and I like her as a person, but sentiment aside and using head over heart.

She's not managed a men's team (not against proven women managers at all, but dont want to be an experiment)
not managed in the football league
sacked by England because she wasn't that good anyway

if Hope Powell was a fella nobody would even consider her based on her ability and experience.

There are plenty of top players who start at the bottom and if they succeed they work their way up the ladder, by all means if Hope Powell can do the same maybe in a few years? but now with her track record, and lack of comparative experience it may be hip, in vogue or fashionable but there is no way, that without "positive discrimination" Hope Powell could be considered the best qualified or experienced candidate to manage a club at the top end of the championship.

I agree, but I'd like to see her take on a lower league club. It's whether they would be prepared to take the risk for the reasons above.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That is the worst selection of names that I've ever seen.
So, I went Hope Powell. If any club would do it, it'd be ours.

Crodonilson always takes the utmost care and attention when compiling these sort of polls. I have no doubt our future manager is somewhere on that list.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Half of them on that list would demand FAR too much money
Most of the rest are serial failures
The more I think about any potential new managers the more I get confused as you can make a case for virtually anyone.
We want someone who is young and "hungry" we want someone who is older and who has done it all.
All I want is for someone to come in who plays dynamic, exciting, attacking football and who leads us to one of the top two positions in the Championship next May and I don't really care who that is as long as he does it.
I want good players who want to play for the club and who have the ability to listen to the manager and adapt their play when needed. And I want goals - lots of them !!
I am sure Tony Bloom has exactly the same problem . . .but I am sure he'll do the right thing for the club

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where is Scott McCarthy ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Always thought O'Leary was a decent manager, seems he's only managed for 1 year in Dubai since leaving Villa in 2006. Strange how some people just seem to disappear off the football radar.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can you edit to add the option "None of the above"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wide range of support for many of those candidates, certainly some food for thought amongst the Albion hierarchy. Lets 'Hope' :lolol: someone from the board is reading this thread.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ok, I'll play this game.

Vialli, Houllier and Gullit are worthy candidates and would do a decent enough job but I'm not sure we could afford them, even if they were interested. I'm not sure at this stage of their careers they would get too excited about pitting their wits against the finest in the English Championship.

I am seriously underwhelmed by the rest of those names and don't think for a minute that Tony Bloom would entrust his investment and passion to any of them either. But then I suspect the OP knows that........

If it does turn out that Tony Bloom is willing to give Dowie the job then I will give up my amateur punditry on NSC........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here