Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posting a new thread .

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Do you think twice before posting a new thread on NSC for fear of abuse ? Waits loads of abuse. :eek: Genuine question though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My few threads are usually about booze or wiping your arse so we have a bit of fun, but I do not usually get involved in posting serious or Albion threads for fear of being flamed, prefer to sit back and watch you lot do it.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
i think a lot of people prob sit back and dont post threads/or have an input because of abuse.a lot of people are brave behind keyboards.feck em i say.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If posting something football related I will generally do a quick search first. Like the other day I was going to start a thread about the CKR to Blackburn rumour, but searched first, saw one already, so didn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't mind a bit of abuse. If you have something to say, say it.
I get a little pissed off with any abuse, that comes my way. As it's never my intention to be abusive or seek abuse.
But it happens, most of the time through my typing misunderstandings, occasionally through me biting.
But on those very rare times it's usually a sign that something in the 'real world' needs my attention.

I get a little pissed off with any abuse, that comes my way. As it's never my intention to be abusive or seek abuse.
But it happens, most of the time through my typing misunderstandings, occasionally through me biting.
But on those very rare times it's usually a sign that something in the 'real world' needs my attention.

f*** off.

:dunce:

:moo:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm never 100% certain whether I'm posting something worthwhile or not but I post it anyway. I am a genuine poster online as well as a genuine person in normal life.

I take as I find and accept constructive criticism as it comes. I can't be doing with hiding behind the keyboard warrior stuff as something different to "real life" anyway. All ask is the same from anyone.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I must admit when t soprano called me a gobby jcl i thought of sending the local mafia hit man round to him - however he is in prison at the moment so never mind!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You hardly ever see any abuse on here do you? The mods soon ween out anything unacceptable.

You also have to realise that only around 20% or the meaning of words is carried when they're put into text, so sometimes more of what you read is down to your own interpretation than what the person wrote. This is true of emails too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not fearing abuse.

But I do think about what I'm posting and the fact I'm posting it on the most popular and busiest brighton fan site, and what my source was. If it is something so popular and widely accessible (argus, national newspaper, sky sports, etc) I consider that there are others here who would have seen it and posted, so try to check.

I also accept that if I post something that has been posted before, even if I didn't mean to, people will post old news, and not insult them or doing so (though reserve the right to roll my eyes at any that are obvious and have been used so frequently before).

If I see something that has been posted before, I prefer to post a link to the old discussion, both to allow anyone who sees the new thread to see the previous discussion, and to make it easier for any mod who chooses to, to merge them giving them the link to the other one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here