Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Postecoglou and Spurs

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Spurs' defence isn't all that. Romero is just a clogger. Udogie seems to have done well, but neither full back is that great and if Maddison is injured, they lack flair in the middle. They've started well, but I don't see it continuing to the same extent as the season progresses. Their last two wins have been largely undeserved ones with winning goals scored deep, deep into added time.

Plus, once the refereeing decisions of the last season or so start to even themselves out (as surely they have to do at some point?) they have the world's biggest, most steaming pile of karma to land right on top of White Hart Lane. And we will all enjoy it.
Since when was 54 minutes on the clock deep into added time ?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spuds were basically Kane FC which is the reason they were actually going nowhere, Harry was Spurs so all the time he was around it actual held back the club. Great player but had outlived his time there and is already thriving at Bayern with a new challenge.

The downside of this is hopefully it won't do the same to our rivals up the road now Winnifred has left.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What is it with VAR & officials looking after Spurs?

Is it me or do they get an astonishing amount of ref/VAR mistakes go their way?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

What was the VAR error today?
If you are talking about the free kick, he clearly gave a free kick and then city took it with a moving ball?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Spell it out. Are you saying there's a conspiracy involving the refs and PGMOL to favour Tottenham? Utter bullshit. For what reason?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The ‘football world’ seem up in arms that play wasn’t allowed for Grealish to run in free on goal for the winner.
Davies/Royal we're catching him before the whistle
No support
On the centre circle and far away from goal

Not exactly a golden chance it's being made out is it 😂

City just salty they can't beat a team with 7 players out at home.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Postecoglou contines to impress. Getting a draw away at Citeh with Royal and Ben Davies as your centre backs is a footballing miracle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Davies/Royal we're catching him before the whistle
No support
On the centre circle and far away from goal

Not exactly a golden chance it's being made out is it 😂

City just salty they can't beat a team with 7 players out at home.

It was incredibly sh1t refereeing, but few will shed a tear for Abu Dhabi.

What is it about Liverpool and Spurs, the only two teams who’ve a had huge stack of results against the FFP cheats/Guardiola? Imho bravery in taking it to them, Guadiola hates it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was incredibly sh1t refereeing, but few will shed a tear for Abu Dhabi.

What is it about Liverpool and Spurs, the only two teams who’ve a had huge stack of results against the FFP cheats/Guardiola? Imho bravery in taking it to them, Guadiola hates it.
Spurs record against city is ridiculous.
Just one of those things

Watch the video with the ref zoomed in, he gives the free kick straight away as haaland is on the floor.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spell it out. Are you saying there's a conspiracy involving the refs and PGMOL to favour Tottenham? Utter bullshit. For what reason?
This whole PL is corrupt narrative is hilarious - those peddling it seem extremely confused as to who the corruption is supposedly benefiting. One minute it's corrupt against the small teams; then it's corrupt against man city and spurs are the ones who are favoured; the other week sheffield united fans were singing it against us... 🤣

It's just poor refereeing, pure and simple

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This whole PL is corrupt narrative is hilarious - those peddling it seem extremely confused as to who the corruption is supposedly benefiting. One minute it's corrupt against the small teams; then it's corrupt against man city and spurs are the ones who are favoured; the other week sheffield united fans were singing it against us... 🤣

It's just poor refereeing, pure and simple
Yep and that’s been doubled up since VAR
We used to have a ref and two linesmen to cock it up
Now, in addition, we have a fourth official - and a VAR and Assistant VAR and an operator.
So actually the potential for cock up has more than doubled
Was three who could cock it up
Now SEVEN!

Absolute farce.

Seems to me that football analysis has moved from skills of players to referee cock ups.
It used to be a beautiful game - now there’s more reality in an online game

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Spurs record against city is ridiculous.
Just one of those things

Watch the video with the ref zoomed in, he gives the free kick straight away as haaland is on the floor.
He doesnt. He places both arms forward which is the signal for play on and his mouth moves which would be consistent with saying 'advantage'. Both of which are needed for the acceptable signal of playing advantage. Usually the ref has up to 5 seconds to decide if advantage has materialised.

What happened yesterday was he panicked. Either his initial call wasnt clear or he decided too quickly the advantage wasnt there

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He doesnt. He places both arms forward which is the signal for play on and his mouth moves which would be consistent with saying 'advantage'. Both of which are needed for the acceptable signal of playing advantage. Usually the ref has up to 5 seconds to decide if advantage has materialised.

What happened yesterday was he panicked. Either his initial call wasnt clear or he decided too quickly the advantage wasnt there
Just seen it's 1 arm or 2 forward for advantage. My bad.

The rule makers don't help themselves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep and that’s been doubled up since VAR
We used to have a ref and two linesmen to cock it up
Now, in addition, we have a fourth official - and a VAR and Assistant VAR and an operator.
So actually the potential for cock up has more than doubled
Was three who could cock it up
Now SEVEN!

Absolute farce.

Seems to me that football analysis has moved from skills of players to referee cock ups.
It used to be a beautiful game - now there’s more reality in an online game
I disagree. I watch a fair bit of lower league football on TV (no VAR). Typically one out of two goals given are clear offsides missed by the ref. Handballs and penalty decisions are also incorrect half the time. The crowd misses most of this in the absence of replays. ALL would have been corrected by VAR

The thing about a lot of VAR decisions is they are correcting mistakes missed at the time. I can assure you this has NOT doubled the number of incorrect decisions. It has more than halved them.

Edit: some people love this 'spontaneity'. For me it is borderline farce.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's exactly how I read it.

Ironically, given that Grealish doesn't have masses of pace, he would probably have been caught, but the correct decision would have been to let that play out. I hope the ref (who I instinctively dislike, he looks a wrong-un to me) is made to do some lower league reffing for a bit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And for me, that's ok and understandable and acceptable. Players make mistakes and errors of judgement every game, as do managers. But refs are some how expected to be infallible. A task made even more difficult when often players are out to try to gain an advantage by deception, exaggeration or by executing a predetermined game plan to fain injuries or win free kicks etc.

The multitude of cameras at matches now - and the subsequent unpicking of referee decisions post-match by the tv pundits and the print media - has got us to this point. Frankly, I'm amazed anyone wants to do the job at all, given that apparently they are all 'incompetent, rubbish, not fit for purpose, corrupt, biased, ruining the game' etc. I'd love to see refs just be allowed to get back to reffing the game as they see it at the time and everybody accepts that among the 100's of decisions they get correct every game, there will also be a few they get wrong. Just like the players. Just like the rest of us in our jobs and life in general.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here