Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Postcode Lottery?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know someone from Blackburn who won £177,000 in April on this. Bizarrely I only found out today!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What a rubbish statement to make by somebody wishing to appear superior as the odds on Rooney becoming PM are quoted as 1m to 1 but to win the jqckpot it is 1.4m to 1 hence greater chance of Rooney becoming PM than the odds of me or you winning the lottery.

thats not what you said though. " more chance... than any one who takes part winning the lottery.". yet the lottery is won frequently, so clearly the odd of anyone winning are considerably lower than you think. you might mean the chance of picking a ticket winning is 1.4m. in which case id say the statistics lie because clearly Rooney is never going to become PM, while again winning lottery tickets happen many times. 1m to 1 for Rooney PM is not a genuine probability.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What a rubbish statement to make by somebody wishing to appear superior as the odds on Rooney becoming PM are quoted as 1m to 1 but to win the jqckpot it is 1.4m to 1 hence greater chance of Rooney becoming PM than the odds of me or you winning the lottery.

You`re generally quite smart but by saying me or you you are halving the odds ....so odds of rooney PM 1m to 1 but me or you(two people) winning lottery 0 .7m to one.

boik

Bored of lotto, been doing it since 1994 and won a total of £70

It's a mugs game. You should work out how much you would have by now if you'd put the money you'd spent on tickets into a jam jar. Would seem like a decent prize by now I bet.

When I was working I used to pop into the newsagents for a paper and be amazed at how much people in front of me would waste on tickets. Selling false dreams to people I reckon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do they now own Blackburn?

It really is very strange that this thread popped up on here, only 2 or 3 hours after I found out this woman had won the postcode lottery in April. She has seemingly jizzed some of the cash on a Mercedes SLK, another sports car, and is off to the Maldives and the Bahamas this year. She works in the council offices in IT up there.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not sure what Postcode lottery is but will investigate.

Glad you've brought this subject up as I've been thinking of raising a similar thread recently re Euromillions and National Lottery.

The most I've won on a single ticket is £10 and I've been playing it on and off since 1994. In the past 14 weeks since restarting it I've paid out £116 (£2 on each draw Saturday/Wednesday and Friday/Tuesday and had two free lucky dips for getting two numbers on the National Lottery).

I'll still carry on playing though...someone has to win it.

Best wins ever on the National Lottery and Euromillions this weekend.

Euromillions - matched 2 and 2 lucky stars - £15.10

National Lottery - matched 3 - £25

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone tried Seagull Lotto? I switched to it a few months ago as it is £1.50 a line. Have won a few quid.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just signed up to the postcode lottery.

Winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here