Postal rant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
I get very pissed off with the journey from the front door to the waste paper bin most mornings as yet another doormat full of "rubbish" is posted through the door by the postie. I know that the Royal Mail (god bless Adam Crozier :nono: ) has to make money by getting the poor old postie to deliver yet another menu on behalf of Pizzahut or yet another "To the Householder" envelope inviting me to discover the delights of lagging/cavity wall insulation etc etc but enough is enough. I have registered with the Telephone Preference Service and my calls have dropped accordingly - Ive also registered with the Mailing Preference service but if the post office are delivering these indiscriminantly it will never stop (please tell me it will...). Im faced with what I consider two options - 1) post it back into a letter box and let the PO get rid of it or 2) Envelope it up and send it to that FA failure Crozier without a stamp and marked for his personal attention.
If I choose option 1 am I liable to some sort of prosecution if Im caught? Does anybody else feel the same annoyance?:jester:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
if its junk mail from a credit card company or something just put it back in the post box marked, "return to sender not known at adress" ,and they should delete you from their database - worked for me

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Here's a tip. Store up all of your junk mail and use it to fill one of those reply paid business envelopes that comes in with so much of the junk mail. Hopefully if you get enough, it will be overweight and the recipient will be stung for the extra postage costs.

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
Yes after I signed up with MPS the only crap that comes through my door is Post Office subsidising junk - was thinking the other day if its possible to opt out of this. Anyone know?

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Old Goat said:
Yes after I signed up with MPS the only crap that comes through my door is Post Office subsidising junk - was thinking the other day if its possible to opt out of this. Anyone know?

OG - this is the stuff I want shot of ....:angry:

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
Chester Drawers said:
OG - this is the stuff I want shot of ....:angry:

I thought you were talking about my post for a bit

:shootself

(maybe you were :ohmy: )

this is what this crap instead of post thing is all about door to door

doesnt it sound lovely - I certainly am in "the right frame of mind to take in your message" when I stick it all straight in the bin

dranyam

Jul 18, 2003
Wallington
The mailing preference service doesn't apply as this stuff isn't addressed. Contact Royal Mail customer services & you can opt out, though you might have to put it in writing.

Consider this though - your postie gets paid per item for delivering it, so you'll be reducing his income by opting out!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
dranyam said:
Consider this though - your postie gets paid per item for delivering it, so you'll be reducing his income by opting out!!!
You're not a postie are you dranyam?

Who cares if it reduces his income? Will he pay for a new letter box when it wears out due to all the crap he puts through it? I doubt it.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Everest said:
You're not a postie are you dranyam?

Who cares if it reduces his income? Will he pay for a new letter box when it wears out due to all the crap he puts through it? I doubt it.

... but you can sleep soundly that once his back goes from lugging all the crap round we'll be paying for his bad back....:glare:
Did we get all this rubbish pre Crozier - I dont recall it ever being this bad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports