Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post your most controversial opinion***

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just had a listen to a few of them.

Ocean Wisdom...he's really rather good, isn't he?

It's a shame that Kano's headline performance at Glastonbury this year is not streamable. It was absolutely stunning, by far the highlight of the whole broadcast.

I’d argue Ocean Wisdom is probably one of the most underrated artists in the country. One of the fastest rappers in the world, incredible flow & the most ridiculous lists of collaborations you’ll ever see (can’t be (m)any other artist who have songs with Fatboy Slim, Method Man, Akala & LD).

Also it’s brilliant to be listening to a proper top class rap album and hear Cardinal Newman or Shoreham get referenced :lolol:

Great list from [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION]. If I can add a few:

Akala - Find No Enemy is a good introduction.

Mic Righteous - have a look at No More Part 2 on YouTube, and if you like that Kim K's Butt (not content you'd expect from the title perhaps) is another. Then dive in to a rich catalogue. The more you learn about his family background and psychological challenges (which he's very open about in the content) the more powerful and compelling a lot of it gets.

Devlin - not someone I listen to but popular with many, Community Outcast is maybe representative

For more political British rap Lowkey and Logic are people commonly cited.

Edit: also have a look at Jehst - Alcoholic Author, and Chester P - Fire in the Streets for some examples of wordplay and the different kind of lyrics you can get in UK rap. That Jehst track is nearly 20 years old but still sounds fresh.

Great list :bowdown:

And to think we haven’t even mentioned Slowthai, Wretch 32, Ghetts, CASisDead, Four Owls, Dabbla, Loyle Carner, Scroobius Pip, Skinnyman, Klashnekoff, Rodney P… it’s literally never ending and that’s without getting in to grime artists who are more about the flow than bars.

And even then I haven’t mentioned Drill, because whilst the beats have probably made it my most listened to genre atm, I am fully aware that the lyrical content means it’s probably never going to come close to being accepted on here so I’ll save myself the effort :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So a thread started 2 weeks ago and is still top of the hit parade with approaching 13k views and 300 replies, might not be as pointless as one, maybe not so astute, poster would have us believe.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We have 1, great kid, and it has its moments, but I kind of agree especially as we don't have any family to offload to. . . . . next door churned out 3, and employ a nanny so they can neglect them and go to work. I think that's all you need to know.

That’s it. I don’t have kids. I’ve been asked by family and friends “do you not like kids”? Of course I like kids, how can you not? They’re amazing. Of course I like them. I like sharks. I don’t have any of those either.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I like the present format of the Euros. And I think that if the grounds had been full it would have been spectacular.

I'd be happy if it was adopted as a permanent plan.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Retirement parties and speeches are a bit embarrassing and naff. Do you really want to be reminded that you have wasted 30 years of your life doing a job you despise just to pay the mortgage with a bunch of people you can't stand.

OK some people like their job and the people they work with, but an awful lot don't

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Michelin starred restaurants are worth the money.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I like sprouts but a lot of people only eat them 1 day a year.

Most people don't like sprouts because they don't know how to cook them. Overcooked sprouts are foul. Cooked just-right sprouts with bacon bits are lovely. Problem is, there's a very fine line between just-right and overcooked.

Ale Tastes terrible and the people who drink Harveys at the Amex do nothing but hold up the queues. If we all stuck to Fosters we would get served in half the time.

As an Aussie, this opinion isn't controversial. But I've seen enough English people pouring it down their throats it clearly must be controversial over here. Anyway: Fosters has no right to be labelled "beer". You'd be better off drinking a Scotsman's piss after they've had a night out on the scotch.

I read an article this morning in Sporting Life about Ben becoming a regular for England and it referred to him as ‘formally of Leeds’, starting to grate a bit.

The least they could do is get the grammar right. "Formerly" ffs. As in "never was theirs, but they like to think he was".

And my own contribution to this thread:

It should be mandatory to pass your motorcycle licence test before being allowed to take your car driving test.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The adverts at the bottom of this post all look legit and everyone should click on them and accept cookies for a better life.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Most people don't like sprouts because they don't know how to cook them. Overcooked sprouts are foul. Cooked just-right sprouts with bacon bits are lovely. Problem is, there's a very fine line between just-right and overcooked.

As an Aussie, this opinion isn't controversial. But I've seen enough English people pouring it down their throats it clearly must be controversial over here. Anyway: Fosters has no right to be labelled "beer". You'd be better off drinking a Scotsman's piss after they've had a night out on the scotch.

The least they could do is get the grammar right. "Formerly" ffs. As in "never was theirs, but they like to think he was".

And my own contribution to this thread:

It should be mandatory to pass your motorcycle licence test before being allowed to take your car driving test.

Agree with all of that.

It should also be mandatory to do a cycling proficiency test before cycling on the road, and before being issued a motorbike license.

cyclists should have basic 3rd party insurance and be policed like the rest of road users.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I dont see the point in beer with less than 6% alcohol in it. Might as well drink juice instead.

I don't see the point in beer that's more than 6%. If you want to get pissed down some own brand vodka

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
British Motorway service stations are NEVER worth the money.

How is that in any way controversial?

I have never worked out why motorway service stations have more than the one petrol pump which they need for the forgetful person who forgot to fill up before setting out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here