Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post your favourite Northern Soul tunes here

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Asked a couple of mates for some NS mixes, one of them sent me a couple of mix by dj silence...both sweet..ill bung the other one up when I get home later....
The Weekend Mix vol 6
Two Handfuls of Northern Soul, Flipsides & Rare Spins

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6U6UEOJT

Single Track MP3
1h 8m 14s

Etta James and her Powerful (Somethings Got a hold on) Me kicks off the set, The Companions and their rare spin ( Be Yourself ) closely followed by the Wonderettes and the rare NS Spin ( I Feel Strange). the brilliant , love it or hate it Rocky Fellas and their brillant (KILLER JOE) close out the first set. The Second set keeps it right there in NS Bliss with The Mirrets and (He's Alright With Me) together with Mamie Galore and her brilliant Uptempo (It Aint Necessary). I was emailed an mp3 by the brilliant Lost Souls (Secret OF Mine) new for 2010 It sounded so good i had to include it on this release. will you spot this modern NS brilliance? As usual the final set contains some downtempo NS Classics and a touch of R&B crossover from Joe Diamond ( Dont Set Me Back) A Billy Stewart double (Look Back & Smile) and (Sitting In The Park) is also on this mix. The sublime Checkmates and their perfect (Black Pearl) and Jerry Butler close out the mix...
too much, words fail me, ipod is quaking from the overload of quality (real) dance tunes added recently!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Mates done me proud, some more arrived this morning..

Flipsides - Unissued - & Rare Northern Soul ( vol.2 )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DBLSFU8

Single Track MP3
1h 7m 10s

Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes kicks off the set, closely followed by Bobby Hill's (Tell Me You Love Me) and Bobby Boyd's crossover (The Look Of Love). The Precisions - and their ultra rare spin ( I Do, Dont You ) is thrown in for good measure. The Mid Set has David Morris's brilliant Flipside ( Stoned On Love ) Art & Honey's Superb ( Shake Well Before You Use Me) plus the unissued Hermon Hitson and (Love Has Slipped Through My Fingers) The final set slips into some Blissful B Side Spins from The Candi Bars & (You're The One) plus The Soul Generation and their delightful (Sailing). The Light Drivers and their classic tune (Dream of a Shoeshine Boy) plus a couple of Flipside treasures close out the mix

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
pleasure rcf..

Flipsides - Unissued & Rare Northern Soul - ( vol 3 )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PFMJD7B

Single Track MP3
1h 2m 17s

Dee Brown & Lola Grant kicks of this rare set, The Lamp Sisters and their underplayed (You Caught Me Napping) is followed by The Chantells Top-Tune (Indian Giver) It's the Summer of 1967 next with Benny Lattimore & his superb (Girl I Got News For You) Margie Hendrix , Jimmy Dobbins & Anna Kings ( Mamas Got A Bag of her Own) closes out the first set. Vernon & Jewell and their ultra rare spin (Rocking Good Way) gives the Mid set a kick start into The Olympics and their Fatboy Slim inspired ( I'll Do A Little Bit More). The Loma label is up next with Linda Jones and ( I Cant Stand It). I was sent a 2009 NS Tune from Myron and the Soul Investigators ( Cold Game ) its so good i had to include it on this release, Can you spot this superbly produced NS Inspired spin? 'The Duke of Earl' Mr Gene Chandler close's out the mid set. Brunswick's Inez Foxx and their (Broken Hearted Fool) starts the mellow wind down into Trinikas and their sublime ( Remember Me) Debbie Taylor and her Underground Smash ( Let Him Know) Barbara Lynn , Inell Young , & Wendy Rene who gave us BBQ closes out the mix with (After Laughter)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The Weekend Mix ( vol 4 ) - Rare Crossover and Seductive Northern Soul.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=15I69YX0

Single Track MP3
1h 1m 43s

Percy Millem's (Call On Me) kicks off the set, followed by 2 requests from The Capitols, & The Precisions plus a classic track from Dean Parrish. The Mid set has a few Crossover spins plus Tim Jacobs brilliant (Mercy) - The set continues with Hannibal, Clay Hammond & others before slipping into some blissful classics from Bill Lucas and Ketty Lester's Seductive Spin (Please Dont Cry).

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Dave, I reckon Mr. Bloom would be proud of the Megaupload site - they do like a bit of online poker don't they?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nothern Soul mix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JTU9YO9

Single Track MP3

Bill Withers - Harlem
Johnny Jones - Purple Haze
Steve Carmen Big Band - Breakaway Pt1
Erma Franklin - (I Get The) Sweetest Feeling
Richard Temple - That Beatin' Rhythm
The World Column - So Is The Sun
Jimmy Walker - Where Do We Go From Here?
Wayne Gibson - Under My Thumb
Charlie Rich - Love Is After Me
Dobie Gray - Out on the Floor
Bobby Doyle - The Girl Done Got It Together
Little Milton - More And More
Benny Spellman - Fortune Teller
Laura Greene - Moonlight Music And You
Fred Hughes - Baby Boy
Darrell Banks - Our Love (Is in the Pocket)
Father's Angels - Bok To Bach
Jackie Wilson - I've Lost You
Frankie Valli - The Night
The Four Vandals - The Wrong Side Of Town
Strutt - Say You Didn't Love Him
Tobi Legend - Time Will Pass You By
Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl
Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Love, love, love this tune. Especially when it really kicks in at 1:10. How uplifting is that sound. Just beautiful

[yt]ITlgWJc7OSQ[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...and finally someone has put my all time favourite Northern Soul tune on Youtube. This is just incredible. The backing singers just make this song perfect.

[yt]HzleOI8W4yQ[/yt]

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Love, love, love this tune. Especially when it really kicks in at 1:10. How uplifting is that sound. Just beautiful

Beautiful stuff

[yt]cKN0eZGLFXE[/yt]

By the way, Soulboy is out now. Not on general release but doing the rounds at selected cinemas. On in Southampton this weekend.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Been grooving to this today...
[yt]3q79laFfQsI[/yt]

Quite looking forward to Concord 2 this saturday for a bit of Norven, DJ Andy Lewis, Eddie Piller, MANI!!, The Moons, Steve Craddock...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nothern Soul mix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JTU9YO9

Single Track MP3

Bill Withers - Harlem
Johnny Jones - Purple Haze
Steve Carmen Big Band - Breakaway Pt1
Erma Franklin - (I Get The) Sweetest Feeling
Richard Temple - That Beatin' Rhythm
The World Column - So Is The Sun
Jimmy Walker - Where Do We Go From Here?
Wayne Gibson - Under My Thumb
Charlie Rich - Love Is After Me
Dobie Gray - Out on the Floor
Bobby Doyle - The Girl Done Got It Together
Little Milton - More And More
Benny Spellman - Fortune Teller
Laura Greene - Moonlight Music And You
Fred Hughes - Baby Boy
Darrell Banks - Our Love (Is in the Pocket)
Father's Angels - Bok To Bach
Jackie Wilson - I've Lost You
Frankie Valli - The Night
The Four Vandals - The Wrong Side Of Town
Strutt - Say You Didn't Love Him
Tobi Legend - Time Will Pass You By
Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl
Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You

YES!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here