Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Vicente.....here's what we should all do

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Think back to the dark days. Marching, fighting, praying in a delipidated ground, a board that wanted to finish us off and 5,000 hardcore people left that cared.

Don't hate the JCL's the plastics........on days like this sit there, as I am, spark up a reflective cheroot, relax back in your chair in the garden, take a long deep swig of your favourite tipple and close your eyes..................

Smell the tobacco of the northstand at the Goldstone, remember the pubs you frequented on those home game routines, the old faces - many of whom may no longer be with us - and raise your glass to them.

And then smile, really slowly but quietly. And think to yourself: 'I was there. I cared and I saw. I cried, I gave up, I tried again - and yet here we are today'.

It's a good feeling - I for one will welcome any new supporter, becuase if they can feel a fraction of the warmth and joy I feel today then this great club will have found another disciple.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
and the JCL's may feel exactly like you do in 20yrs time

Think back to the dark days. Marching, fighting, praying in a delipidated ground, a board that wanted to finish us off and 5,000 hardcore people left that cared.

Don't hate the JCL's the plastics........on days like this sit there, as I am, spark up a reflective cheroot, relax back in your chair in the garden, take a long deep swig of your favourite tipple and close your eyes..................

Smell the tobacco of the northstand at the Goldstone, remember the pubs you frequented on those home game routines, the old faces - many of whom may no longer be with us - and raise your glass to them.

And then smile, really slowly but quietly. And think to yourself: 'I was there. I cared and I saw. I cried, I gave up, I tried again - and yet here we are today'.

It's a good feeling - I for one will welcome any new supporter, becuase if they can feel a fraction of the warmth and joy I feel today then this great club will have found another disciple.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well said. The world has changed for us, and we are starting to get the rewards for the hard work and dedication of the few.

Spare a thought for Plymouth Argyle though who are embarking the start of their dark days.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well said. The world has changed for us, and we are starting to get the rewards for the hard work and dedication of the few.

Spare a thought for Plymouth Argyle though who are embarking the start of their dark days.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
This club will be the end off me one way or another. I F*CKING LOVE THIS CLUB.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
My favourite memory of the Goldstone was being a kid in the North Stand, being ushered to the front where all these big bruiser types would form a protective barrier around us when Albion scored and everybody surged towards the pitch.

Now I will be able to take my kids (once I have them) to the North Stand once again, this time in a different but equally special ground.

Its been a long road getting here, but my god if there is a better team to be a fan of at the moment I would be amazed.

We should all be proud to be supporters of the greatest football club in the world.

ALBION

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Wise words Digweed. I'm demolishing a case of Harveys Albion Ale tonight in celebration of all things BHA.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Agree with the vast majority of that, and very nicely put IMHO.

But I reserve the right in the future to pour scorn on any JCL who starts demanding Poyet is sacked in six months because we dropped two points against a Leicester team that cost £300million.

In my experience, the loudest critics on phone-ins/message boards lack a little in the way of perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here