Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-upgrade new thread test

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That's not a bug, it's an intentional feature.

However, as users can't configure it for themselves, I've turned it off globally.
Typical - I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find it - Bozza out !!!!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Typical - I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find it - Bozza out !!!!!!!

Sorry - I updated the 'user tagging' plugin this morning too, and it was a feature they'd added to the new release. I didn't actually know it was doing it until [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] mentioned it.

That said, I didn't get any emails myself which is curious.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can we get thread tags back please? Always enjoyed reading those.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sorry - I updated the 'user tagging' plugin this morning too, and it was a feature they'd added to the new release. I didn't actually know it was doing it until [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] mentioned it.

I only got the one email despite having been quoted a few times before and after. :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sorry - I updated the 'user tagging' plugin this morning too, and it was a feature they'd added to the new release. I didn't actually know it was doing it until @8ace mentioned it.

Fine - Bozza back in.

Any chance of checking the colour scheme - especially white text on white or very pale background on some areas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fine - Bozza back in.

Any chance of checking the colour scheme - especially white text on white or very pale background on some areas?

It's at the top of my list for later. It was all fine post-upgrade and then became not fine. I don't recall changing any layouts or colours so in not sure what broke it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Type some rubbish, hit tab, press enter
= new line for more typing. Can tab not go to the Post Reply button?
I can't be the only one that finds this annoying. Can you sort it [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did it work differently pre-upgrade?
Yes. I'd type some drivel, press tab, enter = done (ie, pressing Tab would make the post reply button active, and pressing enter would then submit the reply).
That no longer works on a PC, Tab has been completely disabled from the reply box (on both quick reply and advanced).

Is that not how you post replies, or is it just working on Macs?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
When you insert an image (from an URL) there is a checkbox labelled "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which is ticked by default.
This may cause more images than before to stored on NSC servers when they could just be linked, don't know if it's an issue - just thought I'd mention it anyway :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you insert an image (from an URL) there is a checkbox labelled "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which is ticked by default.
This may cause more images than before to stored on NSC servers when they could just be linked, don't know if it's an issue - just thought I'd mention it anyway :shrug:

No issue with that - if they get pulled onto NSC it means they'll never become red crosses in a box if the original image gets moved or removed.

(But thanks for mentioning it - I didn't know about it!)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Divorce-Help.-Take-the-Victim-Test.-Change-Your-Future..jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here