Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post transfer deadline day reflections

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As far as I've been able to work out this season, the improvement is entirely down to Lualua. (I missed the first haf of the Ipswich game though, just tuned in when we were 0-2 up.)
Yeah, but you're right up their with Bens Grandad

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As far as I've been able to work out this season, the improvement is entirely down to Lualua. (I missed the first haf of the Ipswich game though, just tuned in when we were 0-2 up.)
I think it would have made more sense if you had successfully worked out what the improvement to LuaLua was entirely due to.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Arsenal moan about their defence as well despite being one of the best. Does look like 4-4-2 possibly 4-2-3-1 (sometimes) and that "expansive" 4-3-3 has been discarded. Play-off at best for the Albion. One or two more players, perhaps even one and I would tip us to have a chance against any team in the Division. Really depends how the new players fit in? And how good they are as some are unknowns.

Relegated clubs have not lost as many players as expected and there have been some big spenders this summer.

Perhaps you might be overlooking the fact that the improvement in Lua Lua himself might be down to CH and the fact that he knows that if he doesn't play consistently well there are more than adequate replacements in place which perhaps he has not had in the past

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kazenga is Magic!

Yeah, but you're right up their with Bens Grandad

It was done with a little bit of tongue in cheek, but compared to last season, including the slight increase in SPG and SPG in the penalty area, it is all down to him, the improvement in clinical finishing.

Be fair. Without Lualua at best it would have been:

2-2 v Ipswich
0-0 v Blackburn
1-1 v Huddersfield
1-1 v Fulham
0-0 v Forest

8 pts worse off, minimum. Still above Derby but below Leeds.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I can easily name 7 teams that probably expect to be promoted, including those that would need good fortune!

Expect? Really?

I would like to think most fans of most clubs who knock about the Championship recognise that it's so highly competitive, that the very best you can do is hope. There are very few clubs that have got out of the Championship the right way that didn't need a little bit of good fortune to compliment a competitive setup.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Perhaps you might be overlooking the fact that the improvement in Lua Lua himself might be down to CH and the fact that he knows that if he doesn't play consistently well there are more than adequate replacements in place which perhaps he has not had in the past

I agree with you.

I saw it all along. CH is getting the best out of players, something I never thought Poyet really did.

Not because of competition but by playing him nearer to goal when it really matters.

I did not expect it, but I always thought the potential was there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was done with a little bit of tongue in cheek
Fair enough.

Be fair. Without Lualua at best it would have been:

2-2 v Ipswich
0-0 v Blackburn
1-1 v Huddersfield
1-1 v Fulham
0-0 v Forest
So we'd have had to play with 10 men?

The points are:
Stockdale is playing better
Bong is better than Bennet
Bruno is playing better
We've got more options at centre back, with quality on the bench
Stephens isn't injured, and he's playing well
There are a couple of options ahead of March
Hemed is better than COG
Baldock isn't injured, and is playing well

Kaz has been on great form, but he's far from the only improvement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can easily name 7 teams that probably expect to be promoted, including those that would need good fortune!
Either you think the teams are deluded, or you don't understand what 'expect' means.

How many teams were odds on to get promoted? Those are the ones that could justifiably have expected to win promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here