Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Post Office Scandal -

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Like everyone else I want to see criminal prosecutions, but what can we do them for? To take Vennells as an example: being totally useless, breathtakingly incompetent and massively over-promoted is not actually a crime. Hopefully they can get them with something serious and not just a trivial corporate misdemeanour.
Perjury, fraud, even inchoate (conspiracy) offences are all plausible.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I just think there are many people far more deserving of a council flat than her.
I quite agree, she’s bottom of the list but I believe everyone should have a home, no matter how contemptible they may be.

(and apologies if you thought I was calling you a heartless psychopath. I was referring to those in government who can end homelessness but don’t)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Chairman is superb with his little comments. Even when he got dripped on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
She’s got two more days of this. Been pretty gripping.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That thing about inappropriate access to the database and erroneous/unauthorised changes to prior transactions? It's a smokescreen. Every single major project based on a major database I ever worked on had an unalterable audit trail of every change to the database, authorised or otherwise. The audit trail entry will show exactly who made the change (their user id) and when (timestamp of the change)
Well exactly. Any decent database maintains a comprehensive audit trail of every data field change. It's necessary for rollback/rollforward recovery in any case.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
She was shown this email

1716393154623.png

KC Beer asked her if that was a sentiment that she agreed with.

Her first answer was 'No, I never used the word 'subbies', I thought it was completely the wrong word'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Been listening to this evidence today as i work, and at the beginning the inquiry, before she had started to give any evidence or face any questions, the inquiry lead (judge?) did say this.

He did make it very clear that he has said this to everyone giving evidence during this inquiry, but also said that they should make it clear that they are not answering due to the risk of incriminating themself (at the time of their answer) and she then replied that she intended to answer every question and wouldn't need to use that option to avoid answering a question.

The way your comment reads is that the comment was given to her as she was answering or refusing to answer a particular question (implying that there was no answer given due to incriminating herself) which is very different
I think the OP was referring to the QC Mr Beer's reminder at the start of a question - it suggests in answering the question he next asked she could incriminate herself. Doesn't matter any way as Beer made her look a right lying plum and it's one day one of three with her on the stand - bring on the next two days. Hope she rots in hell.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"I didn't know", "I wasn't told", "I wasn't aware".

Piece of piss being a CEO of a huge organisation isn't it. Don't need to know anything, be aware of anything or have anything to do with anything.
Exactly. Contrast that with Paul Barber, who probably knows the wattage of the floodlights amongst everything else, and you can tell she’s lying.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
She was shown this email

View attachment 182807

KC Beer asked her if that was a sentiment that she agreed with.

Her first answer was 'No, I never used the word 'subbies', I thought it was completely the wrong word'.
Her colleague wrote that though, she was cced I believe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In the end, it'll be like the 2008 Financial Crash based on shitty worthless financial products. Everybody will disclaim any responsibility of knowing about the bigger picture, nobody responsible will go to jail 🤬
If every corporate inquiry simply leads to strong words, recommendations (that nobody ever takes onboard because the next sociopaths are already in charge and know they can get away with) and other ‘soft’ measures…is there any point to any of this I wonder? Ever? For anything? It’s just all rather procedural and no amount of justice will ever be served by it. In the court of appeal she and others are already convicted, but their liberty and wealth gained by are completely untouched. Tax payers pay the compensation. Tax payers pay the cost of the inquiry. All for what exactly? So we can further understand what we already know? I’d rather save the cost of an inquiry. It’s not going to change anything not already known and generally established.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Exactly. Contrast that with Paul Barber, who probably knows the wattage of the floodlights amongst everything else, and you can tell she’s lying.
If you're struggling to sleep maybe email PBOBE that question and then read his reply in bed. :wink:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If every corporate inquiry simply leads to strong words, recommendations (that nobody ever takes onboard because the next sociopaths are already in charge and know they can get away with) and other ‘soft’ measures…is there any point to any of this I wonder? Ever? For anything? It’s just all rather procedural and no amount of justice will ever be served by it. In the court of appeal she and others are already convicted, but their liberty and wealth gained by are completely untouched. Tax payers pay the compensation. Tax payers pay the cost of the inquiry. All for what exactly? So we can further understand what we already know? I’d rather save the cost of an inquiry. It’s not going to change anything not already known and generally established.
What court of appeal? She’s never been charged let alone convicted (yet).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Her colleague wrote that though, she was cced I believe.
Yes - he was asking her if she agreed with it. But what was striking was that her immediate thought was about showing herself to be above the use of the work 'subbies'. She had to be prompted to answer the important question of whether she thought that they had their hands in the tills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here