[News] Post Office Scandal -

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A friend of a friend of ours (PO person) was so stressed about the whole thing, they admitted their guilt and paid the time
rather than try to fight it. That is a f**** disgraceful situation.
Friend of mine covered about £200 in losses, as the simplest option, but I doubt he’s recorded anywhere as a victim. Thankfully only a small amount, but I imagine there would be huge numbers like him.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
A friend of a friend of ours (PO person) was so stressed about the whole thing, they admitted their guilt and paid the time
rather than try to fight it. That is a f**** disgraceful situation.
That happened a lot. Seema Misra’s case followed a similar pattern - she pleaded guilty in the hope of avoiding a prison sentence. She ended up being sent to prison on her son’s birthday. She was also pregnant at the time.
She was innocent too.

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
Friend of mine covered about £200 in losses, as the simplest option, but I doubt he’s recorded anywhere as a victim. Thankfully only a small amount, but I imagine there would be huge numbers like him.
The Post Office had the ‘lost’ money paid back to them, as they made the subpostmasters liable. They pursued Lee Castletown until he was bankrupt. It’s horrendous.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fujitsu still do a lot for Royal Mail & the Post Office as well. Probably had to pony up a fair old wedge in service credits / compo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The PO employees who have given ‘evidence’ at the Inquiry ought to be done for contempt.
The PO people who signed off the go live should be in jail, Fujitsu should have been sued and whoever led the QA Testing dismissed at bare minimum.

These things are almost always down to cost and this time it led to innocent people being stitched up.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
The PO people who signed off the go live should be in jail, Fujitsu should have been sued and whoever led the QA Testing dismissed at bare minimum.

These things are almost always down to cost and this time it led to innocent people being stitched

These things are almost always down to cost and this time it led to innocent people being stitched up.
If you search Monsieur Cholet’s account for reference to BHAFC then you’ll get an idea of my view.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The CEO during the time of the prosecutions was a certain Paula Vennells who, in my opinion, should be up on a charge. However, the Government saw it a bit differently and gave her a CBE.
They would - ICL was a UK company outsourcing to UK Govt orgs for IT. It was sold to Fujitsu with contracts ‘for life’

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
Sussex
Gets swept under the carpet on here for some reason.
I’d imagine that’s because people don’t want to be sanctioned by the club. Or people don’t have an interest in the scandal. The insinuation from the tweet is that a senior manager of the club was involved (in some way) in biggest miscarriage of justice in legal history. Insinuation is an understatement, it’s pretty blunt.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The CEO during the time of the prosecutions was a certain Paula Vennells who, in my opinion, should be up on a charge. However, the Government saw it a bit differently and gave her a CBE.
She was ordained as a Church of England priest, but is reported to have stepped back from duties in 2021.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Then they can just take it back!

If you search Monsieur Cholet’s account for reference to BHAFC then you’ll get an idea of my view.
Care to elaborate for those of us who don't have the faintest idea who Monsieur Cholet is, or what he said?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Care to elaborate for those of us who don't have the faintest idea who Monsieur Cholet is, or what he said?
See the OP.

I have been following this for years, and, as I said on another thread, I cried watching the first episode last night, featuring Toby Jones.
The lies and perjury from the Post Office, were appalling.

I read, earlier, the DSS were also offered Horizon IT, but turned it down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'll intervene here.

There's an X/twitter account posting under the pseudonym "Monsieur Cholet" - https://twitter.com/stugoo17 - who seems to follow the whole scandal closely. In one of their post they have linked a current Albion employee with being a Post Office investigator at the time of the Horizon issues and subsequent fallout.

I doubt any of us have intricate knowledge of if and how anyone was involved, including any Albion staff, but I'll say that the club monitor NSC closely and will work to protect the name and reputations of their staff. so I would strongly discourage people from entering into speculation and insinuation here. I will not hesitate, in order to protect myself (and you) from removing posts and/or restricting posting rights.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll intervene here.

There's an X/twitter account posting under the pseudonym "Monsieur Cholet" - https://twitter.com/stugoo17 - who seems to follow the whole scandal closely. In one of their post they have linked a current Albion employee with being a Post Office investigator at the time of the Horizon issues and subsequent fallout.

I doubt any of us have intricate knowledge of if and how anyone was involved, including any Albion staff, but I'll say that the club monitor NSC closely and will work to protect the name and reputations of their staff. so I would strongly discourage people from entering into speculation and insinuation here. I will not hesitate, in order to protect myself (and you) from removing posts and/or restricting posting rights.
Thank you for that - I shall make no more enquiries concerning Monsieur Cholet on here - and thanks for giving a proper answer rather than the useless one in the post above yours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports