Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match thread - Leeds

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We take just a few short of 1000 paying £37 and someone says that, are they seriously deluded? The third highest away following at ER so far this season

£42 on the day.

Anyway, we looked far more comfortable than them for the majority of the game (without looking threatening in front of goal). Crofts is a different level, probably our best player we have at the club. Needs to be starting. He completely changed the game.

Great result, need to take advantage by winning these two home games!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Watched the game on a stream, so not quite the same as being there, but I was VERY impressed and (to be honest) surprised at how good Andrew Crofts was when he came on - a trio of Crofts / Stephens / Kayal gives you almost everything you want from your midfield. I agree that until CH brought him on, and then Bobby the best we were likely to get was a draw.

Anyone still saying that Chris Hughton plays negative football?

theboybilly

It's true about Croft's contribution from what I saw. There seemed to be an almost immediate change in that Albion started to win more challenges....first to the ball if you like. I watched Crofts in an U21 game during his rehabilitation and you could see the class against the Nike Academy even when he was so obviously holding back. It's a bit like having a new signing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's true about Croft's contribution from what I saw. There seemed to be an almost immediate change in that Albion started to win more challenges....first to the ball if you like. I watched Crofts in an U21 game during his rehabilitation and you could see the class against the Nike Academy even when he was so obviously holding back. It's a bit like having a new signing.

Great isn't it? I'm sure there was a considerable number of fans who had almost accepted that he'd never come back close to the player he was.

Hopefully this cameo shows he may have a vital role to play this season. If he is fit from now on, we may not see Ince playing much from now on.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
It was indeed the amount of effort that leeds had to put in, that told in the end.
Their work rate was amazing and they closed us down all over the pitch.
Because of this, they had to make their substitutions fairly early, so had no injury replacement at the end.
Even with 11 though they were a spent force with 20 minutes to go and the game was turning our way for a good while before that too as they tired.

Sounds like they tried to play us at our own game, we seem to tire in a good few games late on but Hughton always pulls out a good sub or two really shows his quality as a manager, I think the 10 minutes Leeds were down to 10 men with the injury to Cooper is underestimated as it sounds like they had already run themselves into the ground with 11 on the pitch.

Last edited:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex

This is very encouraging as, to my mind, Kayal was starting to look pretty weary towards the end of the game (only watching via t'internet stream). I suspect the International duties and travel may have come into play on Saturday afternoon. He gives 1000% everytime he puts his Albion shirt on and I wasnt sure how we would deal with the central midfield without his presence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He very nearly scored himself, too. Only the keeper's foot got in the way.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
While some (Leeds) people might have said we were lucky, I would subscribe to the idea that you sometimes make your own luck.

There is the old quote that has been ascribed to several differnt golfers, but something along the lines of "It seems the more I practice, the luckier I get."

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
While some (Leeds) people might have said we were lucky, I would subscribe to the idea that you sometimes make your own luck.

There is the old quote that has been ascribed to several differnt golfers, but something along the lines of "It seems the more I practice, the luckier I get."

Quite. How often have played higher placed teams, seemingly done all we could to win a match and then get undone by one mistaker one bit of sublime skip. "Winners" find a way to win ugly, something that until this season the Albion have forgotten to do in a quite a long while. Whilst I would be far happier if we were skipping past teams I am delighted that we can now grind out results when things are not necessarily going our way on the pitch.

I do not believe this team has reached anywhere near its' potential yet, this should worry the teams below us quite a lot, I'm not sure they are going to like us when we finally start getting really good.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
YESS!!
March switched from the left to the right but this decision is rather baffling considering Solly does not use his right foot and looked to cut inside at every opportunity.

It wasn't baffling to me when he cut inside and thundered a shot against the bar after sending Beradi outside to buy a programme.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Our friends from Carrot Road who got stuffed 6-2 yesterday.

Norwich were screaming they wanted an attacking team from CH at Norwich. Oh what they might give right now for him to shore up their leaky defense for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here