Post a picture of your local...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When i were a lad we did indeed venture into the realms of the spotted dog b4 giong to sherrys as in thems days gayness hadnt been invented. :lolol:

O that's it then. I wondered why the GF that dragged me in there late 60's early 70's had all these men friends, she was a hairdresser. They were very friendly to me too.:blush:

Is the latter the Lewes arms and if so, do they still have the Titanic on tap, I got some bottles in Stoke the other week and your photo seems to show Steerage and an other on tap. If not where is this place that sells Burslems finest beer.

Sorry DerbyGull Q meant for Lord Bracknell
It's the Gardeners Arms in the Cliffe High Street.

Pete knows his beer.

The really RARE concoction on sale that day was Harvey's You Wouldn't Like It (7.14% at £3 a pint) - brewed specially by Miles Jenner as a one-off, to celebrate the 3,000th real ale sold at the pub. Ben's Grandad might not appreciate the beer, but I'm sure he'd like the name.

p630045722-4.jpg

p848520876-4.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will have to try that Harveys one day, I've never tried it. Am I missing much?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
ESPN Zone.jpg

My 'office' local. Bit pricey but a great sportsbar atmosphere

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when in burgess hill:
39438_40ad1059a1253575a9031cf4b2556e79.jpg

when at university:
2832966929_f111ecc6a5.jpg

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The Old Nun's Head in, er, Nunhead. A cunning name, I'm sure you'll agree.

Attachments

• oldnun.jpg
    oldnun.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 317

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will have to try that Harveys one day, I've never tried it. Am I missing much?

No you are not it is a drink that people like to drink to be part of the 'in crowd' and to be able to spout about real ale but it is not worth rushing for, well at least not in my opinion and I have drunk a fair few pints in my time. I prefer Timothy Taylors Landlord. London Pride or Marstons Pedigree or if drinking localish Hogs Back TEA.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
No you are not it is a drink that people like to drink to be part of the 'in crowd' and to be able to spout about real ale but it is not worth rushing for, well at least not in my opinion and I have drunk a fair few pints in my time. I prefer Timothy Taylors Landlord. London Pride or Marstons Pedigree or if drinking localish Hogs Back TEA.

I used to love going to the bar in a certain pub in Farnham and ask for "a pint of tea please", I agree a fine ale. Harveys isn't so bad, but I'll down London Pride first everytime I have a choice between the two in any boozer

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Excellent thread - have just spent twenty minutes reading through 12 pages getting genuinely homesick for a decent pub. No other country in the world does boozers like us. :thumbsup:

For the two weeks I'm back home each year I'm in here most days:

l_acdbb613ae3528ff4122b02431d23079.jpg

Not the closest by any means, and also not the best pub in the world, but a real mixed bag of people and always fun times to be had.

While at uni up in Chester it was here:

2898810313_a44dbba6c5.jpg

The Boot Inn. Sam Smiths for 1.24 a pint you could get have a great evening and still come away with change from a tenner. Not been there for nearly ten years, and still miss it!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

That's pretty evident.

Paxton, ignore BG. He might haev been a pickled landlord for nigh on 70 years now, but there are times, especially with football and beer, that black is white and white is black mainly for the sake of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports