Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post a picture of your local...

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Really?

When you say "own" it, do you mean he works behind the bar as well?

No they have a manager that run it, think at the moment it's a couple who also live upstairs.

But he was there yesturday for a meeting with the other owners. they've own it since it became 'The New Bush' as they were the ones that turned it back into a pub and it must have opened in June 2006 as it was closed on opening night, or the 2nd night it was open, due to trouble that occured after an England World Cup match.

There's a few people banned from it aswell mostly due to violence and drugs.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
grenadier_pub_s.jpg

or

econ-VicRoad.jpg

also The Hove Park Tavern but there is not one picture on the net of it!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
David Copperfields.jpg

Best pub on the Upper East Side and serves London Pride, Sam Smiths and Dogfish Head IPA.......

definite improvement on the Palmeria which is a real dump compared to what it was about 10 years ago

Palmeria.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Alan, Lucerne Road brings back some memories. My nan (rest her soul) used to live just around the corner in Chester Terrace. I used to play footie in the park, I think its called Blakers park?

It is Blaker's Park. Good play area except for ball games...

The Cleveland used to be the 'local' pub with the Preston Park Tavern for the geezers. Now that the PPT has poncified itself, all the boys have trundled along to the Cleveland.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
No they have a manager that run it, think at the moment it's a couple who also live upstairs.

But he was there yesturday for a meeting with the other owners. they've own it since it became 'The New Bush' as they were the ones that turned it back into a pub and it must have opened in June 2006 as it was closed on opening night, or the 2nd night it was open, due to trouble that occured after an England World Cup match.

There's a few people banned from it aswell mostly due to violence and drugs.

Yeah I know that it was closed down, pretty much as soon as it was relaunched a few years back.

The couple who run the pub are really nice. Unfortunately though due to it's location, there will ALWAYS be people that want it shut for good.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Yeah I know that it was closed down, pretty much as soon as it was relaunched a few years back.

The couple who run the pub are really nice. Unfortunately though due to it's location, there will ALWAYS be people that want it shut for good.

Pretty much most of the meetings involve problems that have occured because someones caused trouble in there.

It's got much better since the Welsh manager was asked to leave as i don't really know anyone who liked him. I've never met the couple but my dad and his mates seem to like them and it does help when most of the youngsters that cause all the trouble are banned.

Annoyingly none of the owners, and at that fact, i don't get free drinks and it's out of the way for me so i don't ever go in there. Just before it was opened to help fix it up.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This used to be mine for about 25 years, but it really doesn't do it for me anymore
front%20of%20the%20pub.jpg

So we tend to use
risingsun1983.jpg

a lot more now,

or indeed
24038.jpg

Oh, and they are: The 5 Bells in Smock Alley, The Rising Sun in Nutbourne and the Queens Head in West Chiltington.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Closest is probably this one

000000138.jpg

But it's shithouse.

Recently been taken over by the chaps who run the Caxton.
Sign outside says it's closed while the kitchen's refurbished.
Also scaffolding up so outside so may get a revamp.
I used to drink there all the time when it had a Sunday football team, pub quiz etc. then two blokes took it over and brought in fishtanks and got rid of the locals and tried to trendify it and it gradually got worse, then 2 or 3 years back it went completely shithouse.
Certainly cleaner now and hope that James and Michael do well there, no reason for it not to be the great boozer it once was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here