Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post a photo of the most beautiful car you’ve ever seen.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Series 3, in Red, with Steels. :love:
Jaaaaag.jpg

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Here’s a very short video clip of that very car in your photo. The deep throaty growl is the Tiger!

Yes we've raced alongside the two of them several times here in the UK and in Belgium. Never quite sure why I love it, but I do...Here is a Harrington tiger, not as much a stunner, but still lovely. Not as nice as the one Zef posted above that he drove in Le Mans, but you get the drift...

Sunbeam Tiger.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it was implied in your question that you personally didn’t agree with someone else’s choice of car.

I'm implying that they didn't really think it was the most beautiful car they'd ever seen.

Well I could say that of 50% of the posts in this thread because I don’t like the cars - I wouldn’t accuse other posters of lying though - that would be wrong because ‘beauty’ is a subjective value judgement.

Yeah, you're really not getting it. Beauty is of course subjective, but people are posting pictures of their own cars not because they think they're the most beautiful, but because they're a car they really liked for a variety of reasons. And that's fine, I'm just highlighting that there's a difference between our favourite car that meant a lot to us, and the most beautiful car we've ever seen.

Why can’t people post images of their own car?

They can, although it might be more genuine to post that it's your favourite of the ones you've owned, rather than pretending it's the most beautiful car ever made.

If you have never spent years restoring a car, lovingly maintaining it, spending months searching for spare parts etc you would never understand why that car actually is the most beautiful car the owner has ever seen.

I just don’t think anyone one can dogmatically impose criteria on what any of us mean by ‘beauty’

For us to know what we're all talking about, words need to have meanings. If we're all meaning different things, then we'll have no idea what anyone is on about.

We just don’t all agree with your personal taste and vice versa, that’s all.
I've already explained why I think this isn't about taste, it's about confusing beauty with something that means a lot to us personally.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Ah, I see I was beaten to the P1800 by another Swede! :D It really is a beautiful car, and by far the most gorgeous I've ever had the pleasure of driving myself. Great taste!
It's a lovely car! Fun fact is that it is designed by a yacht designer and two times Olympic medalist in sailing and Americas Cup skipper! Pelle Pettersson also got his own brand of sailing clothing and sports wear.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Citroen DS was the first family car when I was a kid. It had hydraulic suspension if I remember that elevated the car on start up which for us kids was very exciting - we called it ‘the hovercraft’.

Before that a Triumph Herald - our Boxer chewed the interior one day when she was left in the car when we went shopping. Needless to say, the boxy TH with its red leather seats was no longer considered suitable for a 3 kids and a puppy. Mum won the day and the Triumph was sold. (A beautiful car but not as beautiful as my Buick 🙂)

IMG_0904.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Porsche 356 Speedster, only made from 56-59. But at £250k plus for a concours example a bit out of my budget

View attachment 176863
I've nearly 'driven' one of these.

I was about 20 years old, working in a snooty eatery, next to the Thames in Oxfordshire. A customer parked it, across a walkway, because he was running late / lazy / an entitled rich ****.

I was tasked with going to his table, to tell him he had to move the car. I came over, as he was holding court with his gaggle of **** mates, and politely asked him to please move the car. He dismissively waved me away and threw the keys at me.

Now, I should have just put them back on his table and told him that I would not be allowed to help with that - due to insurance and whatnot - but it is a BEAUTIFUL car, so I thought I might as well take the opportunity.

Anyhow, I climb into it, and spend (literally) about five minutes hopelessly failing to get the sodding thing into reverse gear, thrashing the precious vintage gearbox to within an inch of its life - before the guy either wonders why he hasn't had his keys back yet, or possibly heard the gearbox crunching - and has to come out and do it himself!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpeg
    IMG_3514.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here