Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibly the best day

el punal

Any chance you can give us credit?

I've been looking at the Norwich forums, and they definitely have not given us credit. It's all about how poor they were from Alex Neil down to the tea lady. I suppose it takes two to tango. We were very good and deserve the plaudits because Norwich were so bad and allowed us to administer a 5-0 stuffing.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
That's where we've come short in the past, not killing off poor sides. Their defence were very dodgy yesterday and we punished them for it. Amazing day out, probably my best at the Amex.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've been looking at the Norwich forums, and they definitely have not given us credit. It's all about how poor they were from Alex Neil down to the tea lady. I suppose it takes two to tango. We were very good and deserve the plaudits because Norwich were so bad and allowed us to administer a 5-0 stuffing.

I got chatting to a couple of the train afterwards and all they said was how poor they were today etc, etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spoke to a few on the way out of the ground, they were all expecting a battering at some point and were pretty philosophical. They know their defence is awful and they want Neill out. No credit for us though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

There's a balance. Undoubtedly a couple of our goals were down to Norwich but we also had to pressurise e.g. Murray for the first and Knockaert for the fourth forced errors from them.

In terms of their attack, I think we can take full credit for that. Our defence in the first hour, when they had more possession, was superb and we didn't give them a chance. We showed how a quality team performs and then we hit them with a sucker punch on the break for the second and then a quick third from a set piece. Teams don't tend to win 5-0 without playing well.

As for the original point of the thread, it's up there with the best days. Definitely the best performance at the Amex. We've won by 5 before but never against a team as high up the league as Norwich.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For the first time at the Amex all 7 of our group had a beer post match, well three to put a number on it. But rather than cheer and jump for joy there seemed an air of shock in the East Upper. A calm 'did we really witness that' sort of thing.
I told my Daughter to remember today as in years to come this will be the game that others are compared to.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Exactly this. They weren't on their game precisely because we were.

Murray's opener set the tone. We clearly wanted it more than they did. Knocky showed that too for another of Murray's goals.

Chief wielder of the steel though, in among a complete team performance from everyone, has to be Sidwell - he stuck it right up 'em!

Brilliant day all round!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Obviously a superb result and kudos to everyone involved,gladiators all of them BUT I'd rank the 3-0 St. Patricks'day massacre of the scum from up the road and the win at Sheffield Wednesday as my two favourites.:albion2:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
For the first time at the Amex all 7 of our group had a beer post match, well three to put a number on it. But rather than cheer and jump for joy there seemed an air of shock in the East Upper. A calm 'did we really witness that' sort of thing.
I told my Daughter to remember today as in years to come this will be the game that others are compared to.

I loved the way you changed it from seven to three in an instant. :lolol:

Amazing day though. Even I had a pint afterwards to celebrate and avoid the madness on the trains. Brilliant Sunday morning too with an extra hour. If Carlsberg did weekends.....

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Norwich were pish for most of the second half but take nothing away from our team yesterday. They clinically dismantled a side expected to be a potential promotion rival in one of the best 'get that right up you' displays I've seen in a good while.

I can understand their fans being depressed when Chairman Bollocks puts on a better effort in that dancing programme than his team does though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

We do deserve many plaudits, but Norwich City have much soul searching to do. They have a strong side that made appalling errors.

They shouldn't be losing like that to anyone in this league. Albion beat what they had presented to them and were clinical.

Very good performance from a confident and talented team meets a shambles. Thus the result.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looking at the table today, although still a bit drunk I think, two sides are pulling away, and happily, we are one of them :albion2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I loved the way you changed it from seven to three in an instant. :lolol:

Amazing day though. Even I had a pint afterwards to celebrate and avoid the madness on the trains. Brilliant Sunday morning too with an extra hour. If Carlsberg did weekends.....

:drink:Three beers each, I presume.

el punal

We do deserve many plaudits, but Norwich City have much soul searching to do. They have a strong side that made appalling errors.

They shouldn't be losing like that to anyone in this league. Albion beat what they had presented to them and were clinical.

Very good performance from a confident and talented team meets a shambles. Thus the result.

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly this. They weren't on their game precisely because we were.

Murray's opener set the tone. We clearly wanted it more than they did. Knocky showed that too for another of Murray's goals.

Chief wielder of the steel though, in among a complete team performance from everyone, has to be Sidwell - he stuck it right up 'em!

Brilliant day all round!

What summed it up for me was a moment near the end - Sidwell had chased across to the left, slid and was on his back, and looked absolutely spent. A few seconds later he was back in the middle and put another crunching tackle in. Majestic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Twas perfect....

Easy train over to Brighton and in the BoT minutes after opening. Good beer, cheesey chips and lots of fun chat.

Strolled down to the Station and straight through the gates without queueing and on a train almost immediately.

Arriving at the Amex, which was buzzing, and admiring the new massive Wardy artwork on the North-West corner.

Up to the WSU, served pretty quickly and then onto the game. Oh my, what a game.

Easily served in the WSU after (pound a pint discount after 5pm) and took the beers downstairs and stood outside basking in the warmth of the victory, and gently mocking Alex Pritchard as he departed.

Walked down to the station and a train pulled in just as we arrived.

Onto Brighton and the lovely moment of spilling out of the train and the Albion songs filling that wonderful old building.

Served immediately in The Cyclist and drinking outside watching the smiling masses get off their trains from Falmer, with yet more singing.

Great day. One to savour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here