Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

possible transfer targets for Janusry window

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
do not know what we can afford
do not know who is available
but I think we need in order
central striker (with pace and hold up play preferably)
attacking midfielder(who can make runs to join Above in box)
right back (who can defend)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Who would be a possible target. Having watched him struggle to make his mark at Sunderland I would say Bridcutt on 3 month loan. Who do you think are realistic targets?

He was in the starting XI yesterday I think?
Maybe he is finding his feet after a big step up?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
bridcutt alongside ulloa and Wayne bridge
were the only players I have seen at Amex
who regularly played to a promotion winning standard
but our real needs are elsewhere on the pitch
not as good but Ince and holla are both adequate
in a holding midfield role

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Having no manager when the window opens means we are more likely to join the vast majority of clubs waiting until the final day (in fairness it is hard not to)........ Another 4 games gone before we strengthen the squad.

PLAYERS LEAVING
3 front runners in this particular field......

If the Coutts rumour is true quite possibly a like-for-like for Kaz....still no hint of him signing a new deal and remembering what happened with Barnes it makes sense for the club to at least get a fee.
Also looks like the short loan to Posh means we currently don't plan to offer CMS a new deal.......another one likely to be gone by the end of Jan?
And then there's Kemy. Will we pay off his contract?

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bridcutt....no...he didn't want to play for us then...why would he now. Yesterday Gus subbed him....we have had too many loan players at the club...one or two OK ...but six when you can only play five...ridiculous waste of money. Time to buy one or two permanent signings of qualitity

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Bridcutt....no...he didn't want to play for us then...why would he now. Yesterday Gus subbed him....we have had too many loan players at the club...one or two OK ...but six when you can only play five...ridiculous waste of money. Time to buy one or two permanent signings of qualitity

Good point - permanent signings plse and quality not quantity

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Heard a rumour just before xmas that Troy Deeney was looking for a move in January,priced at £5m I seem to recall.

Is that the first instalment?

Seriously. He is unlikely to move (his words to my eldest grandson who went to school with him) and if he does it (a) won't be to us, and (b) will be for a lot more than 5 mill.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Expect Troy Deeney to end up at a lower end premiership club if he does move. Most likely will be Burnley or West Brom.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would think Deeney's fee will top Ulloa's.

As regards Ince and Holla neither are good enough on their own as DM. What is happening about the trial of Diarra he could possibly do the job singularly. This has been one of major problems the 1 man protecting the back four hence we concede more goals than in previous seasons. Getting Stephens back will give us the AM so we could send Gardner back although he hasnt been as bad as some say.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would think Deeney's fee will top Ulloa's.

As regards Ince and Holla neither are good enough on their own as DM. What is happening about the trial of Diarra he could possibly do the job singularly. This has been one of major problems the 1 man protecting the back four hence we concede more goals than in previous seasons. Getting Stephens back will give us the AM so we could send Gardner back although he hasnt been as bad as some say.

I guess we may have our eyes on potential signings but having just cleared the d3ecks for a new manager to have more of a say in transfers then we might not see any serious action until he is in post.

I would also strongly hope that Ince and Holla would blossom under a new manager, given a tighter playing system and a rebuilding of confidence. Ok it won't happen immediately but we still need most of our current squad to step up to the mark.

Being slightly tongue in cheek I tried to imagine the line up that Pulis might select - most of the physically light players would get overlooked in favour of big units like Greer, Hughes, Dunk, Halford, Ince and Holla. That would tighten things up for a start. Tee hee.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is absolutely no chance of signing Bridport. He's very much part of their first team picture.

I was at Villa Park yesterday and he started for the Mackems.

Played fine until he picked up an Injury. Certainly no chance of his return.

Buckley played the last 15 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see the clamour for Ince and Holla playing together, certainly not at home.
Either is good enough to do the holding job alone.
We need creativity, goals, points, that's not coming from a 7 man defence.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Marvin Emnes? Isn't get much game time and can play on the wing or up top ... also wouldn't be the first Swansea player to make a loan move.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Troy Deeney suggestion is funny. Leicester allegedly had a circa £10M bid knocked back in the summer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here