[Brighton] Possible Strikers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Those are the hard and harsh facts. I cannot believe Swanny and co are still arguing against the need for a new and better striker. It is just plain wrong. And we are accused of being childish or simplistic! Just ridiculous. Perhaps they are Palace plants!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont think anyone is arguing against that a new striker would be nice. But necessary? No.

boik

It is ****ing obvious. To every pundit, most posters, and our club’s leaders, but still you lunatics continue to swim against the tide. It is that simple.

Wow, thanks. There's just as much chance of one of our current strikers going on a scoring run as there is of an untested at PL level newcomer scoring goals. It really isn't as simple as you make out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Who hurt you?

This is a safe space.

Nobody. I just find it ridiculous that ANY Brighton fan thinks we will miraculously improve in the Prem without doing anything to address the most obvious gap in our first team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dont think anyone is arguing against that a new striker would be nice. But necessary? No.

Necessary to improve. To improve to where our beloved Chairman wants us to be next season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wow, thanks. There's just as much chance of one of our current strikers going on a scoring run as there is of an untested at PL level newcomer scoring goals. It really isn't as simple as you make out.

I actually agree that there are no guarantees a new striker would work, but, doing nothing means we will be in a relegation struggle again. The Prem hasn’t suddenly got weaker; the defending will still be top notch.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hmmmm? Nobody is telling tony how to spend his money here. It's just a reasonable assumption that if we fail to address the one position that we're clearly lacking in, we can't really expect to do any better than we have in previous seasons up until now, can we?

He does bang on about it a lot and we know he's absolutely minted, so it would good for all our souls if he put his hand in his pocket, as soon as the deal is done we can all relax a bit and think about something else

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hmmmm? Nobody is telling tony how to spend his money here. It's just a reasonable assumption that if we fail to address the one position that we're clearly lacking in, we can't really expect to do any better than we have in previous seasons up until now, can we?

Oh, I think I'm correct in saying our form with big bob was about 12th? So yeah, we can

boik

I actually agree that there are no guarantees a new striker would work, but, doing nothing means we will be in a relegation struggle again. The Prem hasn’t suddenly got weaker; the defending will still be top notch.

I seriously doubt that we are doing nothing behind the scenes. We created a shedload of chances last season. If you disrupt the system that created all of those chances to fit in a new striker there's a risk that the chance creation will suffer. Sometimes change doesn't improve things. Everyone knows that we really need to score a few more goals. Not everyone thinks that you guarantee that buy spending big.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Oh, I think I'm correct in saying our form with big bob was about 12th? So yeah, we can

Well yes exactly. If the club want to push on into the top 10, which they have repeatedly said they do, I think we'll need a new striker. If not, that's fine, as I *think* we've proven enough times that we have what it takes to stay up regardless, but all it takes is a few injuries and results to go against us at the wrong time (which it did at times last season) and we'd be bang in trouble. Improving our quality and competition in depth would act as an insurance policy against this. In my view.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The only good thing is that at the moment, we’ve got numbers. Maupay, Welbeck, Andone, Connolly, Zeqiri and Locadia. That takes the pressure off a little, having someone like Andone ready means that we have the luxury of making sure that we only spend if we have to.

Jul 25, 2021
Considering Murray was spotted playing for Rochdale and Zamora playing for Bath. I'm still adamant there's talent in the lower leagues more than good enough for this division.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I seriously doubt that we are doing nothing behind the scenes. We created a shedload of chances last season. If you disrupt the system that created all of those chances to fit in a new striker there's a risk that the chance creation will suffer. Sometimes change doesn't improve things. Everyone knows that we really need to score a few more goals. Not everyone thinks that you guarantee that buy spending big.

Think Potter's style doesn't really fit the big striker as central point its all about mobility and interchangeability but what we need with this style is more players to score , not just have one 20 goal man and we need to improve the pace we play at so we are not attacking goals packed with defenders.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The only good thing is that at the moment, we’ve got numbers. Maupay, Welbeck, Andone, Connolly, Zeqiri and Locadia. That takes the pressure off a little, having someone like Andone ready means that we have the luxury of making sure that we only spend if we have to.

We might sign a new striker but if we do he needs to be better than England International Wellbeck, La Liga regular Andone & a 25 goals in a season scorer from the Championship in Maupay.

Some consistency and the opportunity to develop working relationships on the pitch could see us break into the top 10

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Numbers yes, but not necessarily the quality. We know for sure that Locadia isn't up to it, question marks exist over Andone, Connolly, and Zeqiri too.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
We might sign a new striker but if we do he needs to be better than England International Wellbeck, La Liga regular Andone & a 25 goals in a season scorer from the Championship in Maupay.

Some consistency and the opportunity to develop working relationships on the pitch could see us break into the top 10
It's a shame none of the players you menionted have shown consistency at the top level. None of those strikers will get us into the top 10, even more so if very players in midfield or defensive step up and contribute (hopefully Mwepu and Moder can contribute a few between them next season).

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well yes exactly. If the club want to push on into the top 10, which they have repeatedly said they do, I think we'll need a new striker. If not, that's fine, as I *think* we've proven enough times that we have what it takes to stay up regardless, but all it takes is a few injuries and results to go against us at the wrong time (which it did at times last season) and we'd be bang in trouble. Improving our quality and competition in depth would act as an insurance policy against this. In my view.

agreed. however,

spaffing £40M on a striker guarantees nothing, joelinton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports