Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anyone? That’s being a tad harsh ...again I think you should wait and see what’s put in place first before passing judgement...

By anyone what I meant was that yesterday (my first trip through Brighton and Hove) the people quite blatantly ignoring the guidelines were a very good cross section of people. I'm not sure it's wrong to pass judgement on what I saw and a fear that it might be repeated at a football match. To be honest after yesterday I've no desire to rush back on to a train and I would be sceptical of the conditions for a return to football being taken too seriously my some/many

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Anyone? That’s being a tad harsh ...again I think you should wait and see what’s put in place first before passing judgement...

Perhaps club stewards on the trains could enforce safe behavior ? I do wonder how some people manage to do up their shoelaces in the morning and, it is fair to say, they do need policing. However, I agree with you Lamie that most of us would respect whatever boundaries are put in place by the club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By anyone what I meant was that yesterday (my first trip through Brighton and Hove) the people quite blatantly ignoring the guidelines were a very good cross section of people. I'm not sure it's wrong to pass judgement on what I saw and a fear that it might be repeated at a football match. To be honest after yesterday I've no desire to rush back on to a train and I would be sceptical of the conditions for a return to football being taken too seriously my some/many

Fair enough....I guess you could then say people are not adhering to the ‘rules’ football or no football and ..how much control would the club have over public transport? Park and rides for example one would assume they would have more control and instigate some sort of zero tolerance policy...in the ground I’d expect a lot more control and enforcement...I believe the club will work hard to provide solutions to help those that want to return

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps club stewards on the trains could enforce safe behavior ? I do wonder how some people manage to do up their shoelaces in the morning and, it is fair to say, they do need policing. However, I agree with you Lamie that most of us would respect whatever boundaries are put in place by the club.

Well I was thinking that ...but I guess then you start thinking how many trains do they cover ...I think it’s quite easy to put obstacles in the way, rather than solutions ...thankfully the club seem quite adept at the latter.
I’m guessing it will only be ST holders that will get the opportunity to go....would they want to risk losing it? Alcohol can change people’s behaviour..ban that at the ground? But then they could tank up beforehand.....still that’s what pilot schemes are all about ..you can see there being a few matches being run with very small crowds.

Still I can understand Rugs concern...and it’s been muted masks while watching the game and no singing (shouting at the ref?) although not from official sources ..I’d think twice on that basis ..at least at home I can shout at the tv ...anyway the q&a thing should throw up some answers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Steward: "Can you put your mask on please"
Punter: "Ain't got one"
Steward: "Then I'm afraid you'll have to get off at the next stop"
Punter: "Make me"

You're right in that I expect most people would respect the rules, but you and I know there's always a few who simply wouldn't bother. In which case I'd say dealing with the above scenario is probably above the paygrade of any steward.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair enough....I guess you could then say people are not adhering to the ‘rules’ football or no football and ..how much control would the club have over public transport? Park and rides for example one would assume they would have more control and instigate some sort of zero tolerance policy...in the ground I’d expect a lot more control and enforcement...I believe the club will work hard to provide solutions to help those that want to return

Zero tolerance ... now you're talking my language :kiss:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You're right in that I expect most people would respect the rules, but you and I know there's always a few who simply wouldn't bother. In which case I'd say dealing with the above scenario is probably above the paygrade of any steward.

I think the UK Government are bang out of order trying to shift responsibility on things like mask wearing to Train staff or retail staff - nothing to do with them.

It would appear UK Border staff now have an extra job as arriving back at Gatwick there was a sign saying if you have financial issues with 14 day quarantines contact a member of UK Border Control, are they now social services ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If it becomes a ballot/lottery on who can attend, would it be your whole party or household, in my case 4 of us, or individuals? This would affect lots of people or groups.

There are two different aspecs in play with your post.

Firstly how is attendence worked out:

Lottery
Loyalty points
By row and/or block

Then after being succesful in being allowed to attend, can you still sit together with your group. Given the restrictions in place for restaurants maximum of 6 but only from 2 households. Therefore if you go with say 3 friends you may not be able to sit together as from 4 households.

A real headache for the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the UK Government are bang out of order trying to shift responsibility on things like mask wearing to Train staff or retail staff - nothing to do with them.

It would appear UK Border staff now have an extra job as arriving back at Gatwick there was a sign saying if you have financial issues with 14 day quarantines contact a member of UK Border Control, are they now social services ?

I'd assume the UK border staff would simply have all the info to pass on to the passenger as to who they need to get in touch with, as opposed to resolving the issue themselves. But fully agree with your point on retail / public transport workers who are now in an uncomfortable position of having to challenge/confront people in order to 'police' the wearing of masks.

I don't know the solution though. Its impossible to have transport police everywhere.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah, and unfortunately I don’t have an answer other than the steward pointing the punter out to the next policeman. Not ideal, but presumably that’s how they deal with anti social behavior in normal times.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wouldn’t be surprised to see all concourse catering outlets closed, certainly in the initial phase. Seems a bit daft to take risks with the fan restart and queues of any kind seem best avoided. Ive missed my pre match Harveys but seems sensible to also minimize toilet trips. We haven’t decided when we will feel safe returning so look forward to hearing the club’s thinking on these issues.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Interesting point which I had completely overlooked.

This raises another potential issue, that if you move fans from their normal area, So WSL closed and central WSL fans moved to NS, is there a partial refund given the difference in seat prices, or is it just a case of you are lucky to get to see a game at the Amex, stop moaning.

Surely, no away fans, suppose away fans came from a lockdown area, then there would be a chance of carriers bringing Covid to an area with low numbers.
Therefore move WSL fans into away fans area.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Surely, no away fans, suppose away fans came from a lockdown area, then there would be a chance of carriers bringing Covid to an area with low numbers.

I can't see away fans being allowed at games and as more tickets have been sold than the reduced capacity I don't think they can justify refusing admission to fans who already have tickets and then offering other fans the chance to purchase tickets. I also think that fans will be offered a ticket without taking into account where they normally sit.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
If we are going to operate at a capacity which means attendance at 1 in 4 matches this would need to be worked out before the fixtures are announced otherwise there will be an amlighty binfest over certain games. I'd be happy knowing I could attend matches 2,5,8, and 11 in advance without knowing who the opposition is.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I fear that long distance ST holders like me may be prohibited from attending.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I wouldn’t be surprised to see all concourse catering outlets closed, certainly in the initial phase. Seems a bit daft to take risks with the fan restart and queues of any kind seem best avoided. Ive missed my pre match Harveys but seems sensible to also minimize toilet trips. We haven’t decided when we will feel safe returning so look forward to hearing the club’s thinking on these issues.

There could be more outside catering with some portaloos.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we are going to operate at a capacity which means attendance at 1 in 4 matches this would need to be worked out before the fixtures are announced otherwise there will be an amlighty binfest over certain games. I'd be happy knowing I could attend matches 2,5,8, and 11 in advance without knowing who the opposition is.

Likewise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here