Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just to confirm, and I think the answer may be wait on the government, but is this potentially from Oct 1st or from when season starts...?

Waiting on green light from Government but my understanding was that they're looking at early/mid-October for this starting.

Subject to change though, obviously.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Waiting on green light from Government but my understanding was that they're looking at early/mid-October for this starting.

Subject to change though, obviously.

So could well be 30% for West Brom at home - Get me there!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Apologies if I've missed this but was there any talk about TV provision for season ticket holders (and others) if they're unable to get a ticket? I read the TV companies don't want the lockdown situation of all games being available somewhere - but you'd hope a compromise can be reached.

In these exceptional circumstances, you'd hope that all games not scheduled for live TV broadcast by Sky/BT/Amazon would be made available as pay-per-view. Or are they going to expect the 2/3 locked out across the country to rely on dodgy foreign streams? That would seem short-sighted.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Apologies if I've missed this but was there any talk about TV provision for season ticket holders (and others) if they're unable to get a ticket? I read the TV companies don't want the lockdown situation of all games being available somewhere - but you'd hope a compromise can be reached.

In these exceptional circumstances, you'd hope that all games not scheduled for live TV broadcast by Sky/BT/Amazon would be made available as pay-per-view. Or are they going to expect the 2/3 locked out across the country to rely on dodgy foreign streams? That would seem short-sighted.

At the moment. No. The TV companies want their exclusivity as part of the deal. I think discussions may be on going but as of yet we are back to the usual provision of TV games. Streams or BBC Sussex it is

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

My learned friend, below, is quite correct. Paul Barber reinforced the point on the consultation a few nights ago that things are very much expected to return to normal in terms of the televising of games for next season.

At the moment. No. The TV companies want their exclusivity as part of the deal. I think discussions may be on going but as of yet we are back to the usual provision of TV games. Streams or BBC Sussex it is

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My learned friend, below, is quite correct. Paul Barber reinforced the point on the consultation a few nights ago that things are very much expected to return to normal in terms of the televising of games for next season.

Is it just me that thinks that's a bit shit, in the circumstances? Not the club's fault, I know.

Taken to an extreme, if the situation drags on long term, there's an argument people may drift away from the sport as they find other things to do with their Saturday afternoons. Not sure I believe it would happen, but that's the argument.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it just me that thinks that's a bit shit, in the circumstances? Not the club's fault, I know.

Taken to an extreme, if the situation drags on long term, there's an argument people may drift away from the sport as they find other things to do with their Saturday afternoons. Not sure I believe it would happen, but that's the argument.

I think it'll likely just mean that more and more people discover how to utilise illegal streams. Which surely isn't in the Premier League, TV Companies or PL Clubs' interest either?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

With potentially many hundreds of thousands of regularly attending fans locked out of grounds for some period of time, if clubs are permitted to play in front of tightly-capped numbers, it does feel strange that there is not a solution available that allows broadcasters to earn greater revenues, and fans to see their club using legitimate means, yes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Germany was regarded as a great example both for keeping Coronavirus under control and also for allowing the Bundesliga back before any other league. Now their case numbers are increasing and in what must be a huge disappointment to clubs and supporters, Merkel has said:

'And, in another blow to those hoping to enjoy the traditions of a German autumn, Angela Merkel - herself extremely worried by the rise - has said that there was no way football fans could be allowed back into stadia for the new Bundesliga (Germany’s football league) season.'

This may be where we are headed, who knows?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can even run apps on ipods can't you?

You can (on ipod touch), however, I think you need the newest model (May 2019 or newer) for it to work with the latest operating system, and it will need wifi connection so will need to use your phone as a hotspot outside of the stadium.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Nicola Sturgeon*has confirmed that fans will be able to return to Scottish football grounds next month in her latest update on the country's*lockdown restrictions.

But the SNP leader warned stadiums would be subject to strict regulations - meaning capacities will be slashed - and the green light would only be given for reopenings if the virus infection rate remains low enough across the country.

And fans should be able to cheer on their favourite teams in person from September 14.

The First Minister warned that due to "volatility" of the virus that these plans were subject to change.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-scottish-football-22552072

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Saving grace is at least the JCL will not get extra loyalty points.

Hopefully they don't halve the current points again at the end of the 2020/21 season like they are currently doing to start the season, doesn't seem fair if we can't gain points this season

Crikey, let's just enjoy the fact that we will be able to get to games first, before we starting bleating about wether we are eligible for loyalty points or not!

We need to look at the bigger picture, just getting to a game would be a massive step forward.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Crikey, let's just enjoy the fact that hopefully we will be able to get to games first, before we starting bleating about wether we are eligible for loyalty points or not!

We need to look at the bigger picture, just getting to a game would be a massive step forward.

Hope you dint mind my slight amendment

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't speak for people with Android phones. I don't have one. I have an iPhone 5s.

But in your email you did claim to speak for everyone else suggesting this will be a problem for the majority of fans when in fact you don't know what phones the majority of fans have! I was merely pointing that out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Forgot about this...

I've had a response from the club regarding the possibility of lower-priced seat bands selling out:

We do not see that there will be any issue with availability in the lower price bands. The vast majority of our match by match availability is in Zone A and this is even more the case with the south stand currently free of away supporters. If anything we expect to over-index on the lower price bands.

We are also looking at whether the random ballot is split by price band with an equal share to each, to ensure the same chance regardless of the band you are in, but to ensure the top band seats are filled.​

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Paul Camlin was interviewed on the excellent Albion Roar podcast. He said that, as a few on here have guessed, people with no phone would be able to print out the tickets at home.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Was about to post a new thread asking about the Fans Forum 2020 actually!

Any word on this? Obviously with the current situation it probably won't be the same as before. Always enjoy hearing insight from the Exec point of view (and also the repeated question about corner tactics from Craig in Moulsecoomb)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My Apple Wallet tickets have always just been optical scans anyway, not some fancy contactless thing.

76513bffa6e41fd84b99a6868bc61c6c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here