Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible loan striker for you?

Rumour has it that Reading striker Darius Henderson is about to be loaned to a Division 2 side. Favourites are Brighton (because Pardew is mates with Coppell) and Colchester (our former captain and legend Phil Parkinson is their manager).

Darius is a good young prospect who has a habit of coming on as sub and scoring for us. In fact he did it tonight in our 3-2 home defeat to Southampton. He's VERY tall and excellent in the air. A good all-round finisher and actually quite skilfull for a tall fella.

Sounds like he could be just what you're looking for...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've got a feeling you're onto something there.

We must get a new striker in before Oldham.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think this is a done deal. We're getting a striker in.

:dance:

Pardew will want him to go to a good side challenging near the top. Colchester can :salute:.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
A Col U fan on our board (who is very In the Know at CUFC) reckons that Henderson won't go to them despite the Parkinson connection.

"Dont think it'll be us chaps - not at the moment - we've taken Craig Fagan from Birmingham for a month today" - Matt CUFC.

Henderson scored a belter of a volley against Southampton tonight down at the Madejski. That boy doesn't like to hit a ball lightly, his goals are usually damn good. Millwall away last year sticks out in my mind.

Don't ask Reading Posh about him though! Peterborough were leading us 1-0 in the promotion season until the 90th minute, then we brought on Henderson and he scored 2 quality headers in a minute! Win 2-1, mass amounts of stewards run over to prevent Reading fans running onto the pitch. Best game of the entire season, that one (bar Brentford of course!).

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
P.S. He's very frustrating though. Looks and runs like a donkey. Sometimes we curse his lack of control, but when he plants one in from about 25 yards we let him off! :smokin:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rumours. By Fleetwood Mac.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wouldn't mind this. He looks like the sort of guy that we need up front with Leon.

Also think we need to sign a striker on a permanent deal though. If we get two loan signings in and then they get bought by someone else, we'll be seriously in the sh*t - just hope Knight signs permanently after the initial 2 months.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Wilts, I remember that game well :censored: and I also know that Fat Barry wanted to take Henderson on loan last season so I wouldn't be surprised if he's sniffing around again.

We've released Neale Fenn and Jason Lee this summer :clap2:

Problem solved for the Albion then. If they miss out on Darius ol' Pineapple Head is waiting in the wings!:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Code:
                      Roberts

Watson     Cullip     Blackwell     Mayo

Hart   Carpenter     Rodger     Kanchelskis

Henderson     Knight

If we could get that and Rougier... CHAMPIONS! :dance:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Not bad at all!

With a subs bench of

Kuipers
Pethick
Oatway
Piercy
Rougier

:clap2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Turkey said:
Code:
                      Roberts

Henderson     Knight

Kanchelskis? I know that I've been off NSC for a while and, yes, the sake is quite strong thanks very much, but is that Andre Kanchelskis, ex Manure?

Have some of you been at the Persians since July 19th or has three weeks non NSC made me, like, well out of touch?

:dunce:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Kanchelskis has been training with us for the last 2 weeks, he lives locally in East Grinstead and it's a distinct possibilty that he could sign for us! (and yes it is the ex. ManUre, Everton and Rangers winger)

Turkey said:
Code:
                      Roberts

Henderson     Knight

Except Kanchelskis is a right winger, Blackwell's out until next year, and we haven't signed Henderson.

I'd be more inclined to go with:

Roberts

Watson Pethick Cullip Mayo Jones

Hart Carpenter Rodger

Wilson-Dennis Knight

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Brooker was right footed.. No reason why he couldn't play on the left. We have no else I would rather put there. Not going to drop Hart.

Im not talking about fact. Just what would be nice. Wilson Denis. Ohh exciting!! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here