Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
What if terrorists landed them gently in the sea, and then kept everyone on board as the plane gently sank?

If it was terrorism, a group would have taken responsibility by now. Otherwise, pointless undertaking an act of terrorism without letting the world know.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A few days to find the plane, 2 years to find the black boxes.

yeah,I mean't the black box

if black boxes have beacons and it took 2 years to find that one (knowing where to look,to some sort of degree)

if and it's a big if

did go down in the Indian ocean,I can't see how they'ed ever be found

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A few days to find the plane, 2 years to find the black boxes.

2 years after? They're at the back of the plane. Even I know that.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
impossible as the black box always sends out a beacon of where it is.....plus the cockpit dudes would have said something like "arrrghh can't breath mayday" on the comms / black box.

As the facts i posted above suggest, it's either a) a cover up b) it truly vanished.

Do you think anything that can't be explained is potentially a cover up ???

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
yeah,I mean't the black box

if black boxes have beacons and it took 2 years to find that one (knowing where to look,to some sort of degree)

if and it's a big if

did go down in the Indian ocean,I can't see how they'ed ever be found

I understand the beacons only have limited range, particularly when under water. They also stop broadcasting after 30 days so you have to find it by sight alone. The Air France was 2000m below the surface of the sea from what i recall. (It might even have been 4000m)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Six facts we're not being told you, you say? Ooh, sounds interesting.

Fact 1 - Black box recorders can survive explosions. - err yeah, I think most people already knew that. Not exactly earth-shattering news to me.
Fact 2 - Black box recorders emit locator signals. - see answer to Fact 1. It's not the best conspiracy theory so far, is it?
Fact 3 - Parts of the plane will naturally float - Sorry, this is clearly a piss-take. Stopped reading the article.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Fact 1 - Black box recorders can survive explosions. - err yeah, I think most people already knew that. Not exactly earth-shattering news to me.
Fact 2 - Black box recorders emit locator signals. - see answer to Fact 1. It's not the best conspiracy theory so far, is it?
Fact 3 - Parts of the plane will naturally float - Sorry, this is clearly a piss-take. Stopped reading the article.

You didn't get to the best bit where Alien Abduction and Ripples in space time continuum are considered as possibilities if further proof is found.

I don't know where he finds this shit. I love how conspiracy theorists always have this superior attitude as if they know more than you when clearly they are barking.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Latest cockpit transmission, just released, is of first officer talking to senior cabin attendant on flight deck, moments before plane disappeared:

"Go on then luv, you can have a drive."

:shrug:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I was intrigued too see if they were black and a google search seems to suggest they are orange. So they won't be finding any black boxes anytime soon

They are orange....

. cvr.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Latest cockpit transmission, just released, is of first officer talking to senior cabin attendant on flight deck, moments before plane disappeared:

"Go on then luv, you can have a drive."

:shrug:
That made me laugh, until i thought about the terror people must feel if there plane was nose diving towards the sea.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

They are not that resistant, they are built strong but would not survive direct impact. It's their location in the tail section of aircraft that make their survivability or more so their contents, more likely. Aircraft tend not to reverse into a mountain.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
how do they get all the data out if you are not allowed to open them?

That reminds me of white vans turning up at my university halls.

They would come and offer us high spec audio systems, no questions asked.

"So, how much..."

"No questions!"

"Are they..."

"No questions!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here