Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possession Under RDZ

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Fulham's manager in his press conference said that we have had more of the ball than the opposition in 100% of RDZ's games in charge. I know that our possession has gone up even further from the high levels it was at under GP, but didn't think that was true. I took a look at the 19 cup and league games and there have been three games where we had under 50% of the ball. We had 46% in his first game at Anfield: drew 3-3, we had 43% against Arsenal in the league cup: won 3-1, we had only 41% against Potter's Chelsea and I'm sure we all remember the result of that. Overall we have an average of 61.89% of the ball. Our highest were against Charlton 77%, Palace 74% & Brentford 73%. We didn't win any of them.

It's a funny old game Saint.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Fulham's manager in his press conference said that we have had more of the ball than the opposition in 100% of RDZ's games in charge. I know that our possession has gone up even further from the high levels it was at under GP, but didn't think that was true. I took a look at the 19 cup and league games and there have been three games where we had under 50% of the ball. We had 46% in his first game at Anfield: drew 3-3, we had 43% against Arsenal in the league cup: won 3-1, we had only 41% against Potter's Chelsea and I'm sure we all remember the result of that. Overall we have an average of 61.89% of the ball. Our highest were against Charlton 77%, Palace 74% & Brentford 73%. We didn't win any of them.

It's a funny old game Saint.
This is a graphic taken form skysport.com

Screenshot_20230215-114802.png

Pretty impressive.

Jimmy Grimble

I would never have guessed we had 73% against Brentford.

I guess it’s easy to muddle the difference between possession and control of the game. That Brentford game it felt like they had control of it. Contrast that to Palace last week with a similar possession percentage and we had complete control.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a nice change to see palace in the top ten of one of these random tables. 🤡

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here