Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from yesterday

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Positives from yesterday? They haven't restricted the parking in the place where I park (not telling you where!). Not many others to be fair .... O'Grady looked pretty good ... for an Irishman ...

Ha! I also have a secret, unrestricted parking place which I am not revealing

Mine's a 45 min walk to the ground. You?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Absolutely this

LuaLua completely lost

I watch and I wonder about KLL, has a chance to break and throws himself on the floor, another chance to break and stops turns backwards and passes the ball sideways, still overhits crosses, his shooting is still pot luck and he still only has one, lets slow down the game trick which intelligent defenders work out quickly. Thought he was appalling yesterday, cannot see what managers see in him.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I watch and I wonder about KLL, has a chance to break and throws himself on the floor, another chance to break and stops turns backwards and passes the ball sideways, still overhits crosses, his shooting is still pot luck and he still only has one, lets slow down the game trick which intelligent defenders work out quickly. Thought he was appalling yesterday, cannot see what managers see in him.

Couldn't agree more with you

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Wasn't his best game, but far from "appalling". I think he's far better out wide, but it seems that under this latest system only the full backs (or are they now wing backs) are out wide. Not sure that's the smartest idea in the world when your best crossers of the ball should be your wingers who are now playing narrow. Confused? I am.

It was much better and simpler when we had:
Goalie
Right Back; Left Back
Right Half; Centre Half; Left Half
Right Wing; Inside Right; Centre Forward; Inside Left; Left Wing

I understood that ... and I think so did the players!!

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Pretty tasty. Fish/scampi or chicken bites and chips around £6-£6.50. Service slow but probably no worse than inside the ground. Definitely a positive.
Sat and ate next to the van and slightly disturbing to see plenty of fat Owls fans pissing behind the van.

There's a really good chippy just past the Hikers (Bikers?) Rest on the left, run by a fairly stroppy lady but it's real quality stuff and reasonably priced....

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It was much better and simpler when we had:
Goalie
Right Back; Left Back
Right Half; Centre Half; Left Half
Right Wing; Inside Right; Centre Forward; Inside Left; Left Wing

I understood that ... and I think so did the players!!

Players in the seventies would have understood but not the bunch of under performing :dunce:es we have now:rolleyes:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Positive. We are not a cricket team and it finished on 95 minutes. Imagine watching that from 11 to 6.30 every day for 5 days. shouldn't play football in the cricket season anyway.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It was less crowded in the Railway Bell due to the boycott.....I heard it was impossible to get served in the Standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here