Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are now 25/1 to be relegated.

PALACE ARE 12/1!!!!

More than double our odds!!!:albion2:

To stand any realistic chance of being relegated, Palace would have to lose every single remaining match. Sadly, they won't - that would mean losing 16 games on the trot; that sort of thing just doesn't happen - in their worst case scenario there'll be a few points picked up along the way.
And even on 29 points, they probably have a 50/50 chance.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Another for me is that I’ve seen two games this week where Dunk has utterly owned two top Premier League strikers - Vardy and Watkins - without breaking a sweat. He’s such a class act and we are extremely lucky to have him.

He’s back to his imperious best, we were also missing Lamptey, Webster & Solly. Still dominated Villa. Smooth.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The positives may not be in the end result, but they are in the stats. 58% possession to 42%, 26 shots to 4, 9 shots on target to 1, 9 corners to 2. When we do get the result (e.g. against Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool), it is generally accepted that it doesn't flatter us, as we are creating so many chances, often dominating the opposition. These are exciting times.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We will all be a little frustrated but that was a top goalkeeping performance that kept us out. Positives from tonight:

- So solid defensively, reduced their attacking players to absolutely nothing. Yet another clean sheet built on a really solid team performance.
- Veltman in particular had Jack Grealish in his pocket all night. He is a top top defender
- created loads of chances
- Trossard looks back to his best
- Bringing Lallana and Welbeck off the bench just shows how much depth we have now injuries are clearing up.
- another point and now our longest unbeaten run since coming up to the PL. Not an easy run of fixtures either so that is hugely reassuring.

We will batter someone soon, let’s just hope it’s Palace!

We will not batter any team in the Prem unless we learn how to finish or, more likely, acquire a striker who can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
We will not batter any team in the Prem unless we learn how to finish or, more likely, acquire a striker who can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a 'positives from tonight' thread - and this is the most postive thing you can think of to say?

Roll on Monday ...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've got pretty incredible at shutting teams down....only two goals conceded in 6 games, and one of them was Man City. Huge credit to the coaching team and all the defence, Potter for making the call on Sanchez, Dunk for being back to his best etc etc
Our XG against is ridiculously low for the period.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
6 PL games unbeaten, including fixtures vs Spurs, Liverpool, Leeds and Villa

And only 1 goal conceded in that 6 match sequence.

I decided not to see the full game however the BBC highlights showed a very promising display and their goalie saved them, can we continue this standard of play/

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If one of these years we can put away our chances, there’s no way we can’t look towards achieving a top 10 finish playing like this.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Boring as it maybe, I am really pleased we appear to have sorted the defence out which makes me feel far more confident on our chances of getting results now.

We all know we need a striker who can actually hit the onion bag, but having a sound defence is equally important.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We don't look like a rabbit in the headlights when defending set pieces anymore, just look so solid. The change of keeper has afforded this

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We've got pretty incredible at shutting teams down....only two goals conceded in 6 games, and one of them was Man City. Huge credit to the coaching team and all the defence, Potter for making the call on Sanchez, Dunk for being back to his best etc etc
Our XG against is ridiculously low for the period.

Absolutely this.

Since our upturn in fortunes started 6 games ago the biggest factor for me is how week organised this team is now. Earlier in the season we were getting caught on the break because players had ended up out of position (think grealish at the Amex last year). Doesn't happen anymore, every player knows their job and our shape and patterns of play with and without the ball are now really obvious to see.

It's very impressive :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here