Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We will all be a little frustrated but that was a top goalkeeping performance that kept us out. Positives from tonight:

- So solid defensively, reduced their attacking players to absolutely nothing. Yet another clean sheet built on a really solid team performance.
- Veltman in particular had Jack Grealish in his pocket all night. He is a top top defender
- created loads of chances
- Trossard looks back to his best
- Bringing Lallana and Welbeck off the bench just shows how much depth we have now injuries are clearing up.
- another point and now our longest unbeaten run since coming up to the PL. Not an easy run of fixtures either so that is hugely reassuring.

We will batter someone soon, let’s just hope it’s Palace!

There were many positives from last night, but above all for me it was an absolute joy watching Veltman own Grealish. I’ve been warming to Veltman over the past few months...he’s so calm, intelligent, measured, professional, good at defending, nullifying, going forward etc etc He’s the real deal and thankfully, in many ways, he’s the exact opposite of Grealish.

It will be interesting what happens when Lampty is fit. I see them being rotated according to the opposition. As good as Lampty is, he’s a different player with different attributes and not the one to put up against Grealish.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is a 'positives from tonight' thread - and this is the most postive thing you can think of to say?

Roll on Monday ...

Just making a valid point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No palace on here for the week.
The possibility of no palace for the rest of the season, after Monday.

Or an infestation - it's the hope that kills you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here