Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives (?) from tonight

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought we played much better in the second half.
No yellow for Dunk.
No injuries.
Trossard looked sharp when he came on.
Webster fresh for Norwich.
Maupay got a bit of a rest, we’ll need him for Norwich.
Bernardo looked pretty good in his little cameo.
Man U are the form team in the league at the moment, results like this can happen.
Potter will have learnt from the first half.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought we played much better in the second half.
No yellow for Dunk.
No injuries.
Trossard looked sharp when he came on.
Webster fresh for Norwich.
Maupay got a bit of a rest, we’ll need him for Norwich.
Bernardo looked pretty good in his little cameo.
Man U are the form team in the league at the moment, results like this can happen.
Potter will have learnt from the first half.

This :thumbsup:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Positive? I think people will start to question Potter and I think that is a good thing. Sometimes you need to know who your best players are and what formation to play them in.
I look at Dunk, Webster, White, Burn, Duffy, Bernardo, March, Lamptey, Molumby, Propper, Mooy, Bissouma, Alzate, Ali J, Trossard, Mc, Maupay and Connolly and I see the potential for a good team. But they need a bit more consistency (especially given many of them are relatively young).
I hope over the summer he reflects and realises that he isn't a tactical genius- nobody is. Teams are successful because they work hard and because players know their positions and roles inside out. I hope games like this, where he so obviously got it wrong, cause that moment of introspection. If that happens and we make 2 or 3 genuinely good signings we can push on next year. If not it'll be more of the same.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Positives
We must have now identified we cannot keep taking the same corners. They don’t work. We need to mix it up.
Bissouma in centre mid
Trossard very good

Negatives
Starting line up with Stephens and Propper. They gave assists for first two goals.
Taking off Lamptney when he was probably our best player in the first half
Starting Bissouma wide left.
Probably Potters worst decisions of the season let’s hope he gets it right against Norwich

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trossard did indeed look good. We / Potter got it wrong tonight, can’t play 2 players (Lamps & Biss) out of position with all the options we had, but it happens. Officials were shite but better team won. No complaints. 4 points still and so many results in our favour - excellent restart overall. Keep the faith - this will always happen a few times a season in this league. Pogba cost more than our whole squad btw...

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We have now played 3 out of 5 of our ‘nightmare’ re-start

We’ve won one , drawn one, lost one.
Our goal difference is only down by 2, we have 4 more points.

I would have snatched your hand off for this scenario 3 weeks ago.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Positives
We must have now identified we cannot keep taking the same corners. They don’t work. We need to mix it up.
Bissouma in centre mid
Trossard very good

Negatives
Starting line up with Stephens and Propper. They gave assists for first two goals.
Taking off Lamptney when he was probably our best player in the first half
Starting Bissouma wide left.
Probably Potters worst decisions of the season let’s hope he gets it right against Norwich

I think we can now say that a midfield three containing three from Mooy, Gross, Stephens and Propper just doesn't work at this level (i'm not saying they haven't got a role to play). You have to have some pace.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Positive? I think people will start to question Potter and I think that is a good thing. Sometimes you need to know who your best players are and what formation to play them in.
I look at Dunk, Webster, White, Burn, Duffy, Bernardo, March, Lamptey, Molumby, Propper, Mooy, Bissouma, Alzate, Ali J, Trossard, Mc, Maupay and Connolly and I see the potential for a good team. But they need a bit more consistency (especially given many of them are relatively young).
I hope over the summer he reflects and realises that he isn't a tactical genius- nobody is. Teams are successful because they work hard and because players know their positions and roles inside out. I hope games like this, where he so obviously got it wrong, cause that moment of introspection. If that happens and we make 2 or 3 genuinely good signings we can push on next year. If not it'll be more of the same.

Thank you for your input Chris :moo:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk needed to avoid a booking tonight to avoid a 2 match ban.

it's all about Saturday. We don't normally do well at Narch, even a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. (a loss and it's NSC meltdown)

Look at United's fixtures. They are in form and have to play other sides below us

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
next years squad molumby and white to replace Duffy and Stephens

That's exciting isn't it?
White has been getting all the headlines but Molumby has been excellent at Millwall and looks just the kind of CM we're crying out for.

theboybilly

Bissouma, is coming on in leaps and bounds, the best signing of the summer. Trossard was okay but why Montoya instead of Bernado? Why Connolly on his own? Apart from heavily deflected 2nd and a brilliant pass from Matic for the 3rd and we would have still been in it. There were positives against a very fluid United side. They are not too far away from where they want to be but I think we can largely say the same.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think we can now say that a midfield three containing three from Mooy, Gross, Stephens and Propper just doesn't work at this level (i'm not saying they haven't got a role to play). You have to have some pace.

We are Brighton & Hove Albion (#teamslikeBrighton).

Not Chelsea, Man Ure, Man City or Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here