Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from today

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I didn't see any specific errors from Webster. He was playing in LCB and didn't have much protection from Pervis but dealt with runners quite well
D89DE4C2-A3E6-4C6D-8677-AC071A0429AD.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't see any specific errors from Webster. He was playing in LCB and didn't have much protection from Pervis but dealt with runners quite well
You need to get yourself over to the varifocal thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know its a whooshy thread but I need some positivity 🤔

…. ok going to go and meditate on the bathroom floor, that should do it.

Seriously though: -

• I thought Ferguson looked better today than he had for a while - he seemed to create some space for himself and looked closer to scoring than he has for a while (despite poor finishing and still lumbering around in the 18 yard box with no acceleration from a standing spot when needed.)
  • Facu - one of the few players that hasn’t lost form
  • Barco was on the bench suggesting RDZ was pleased with his debut minutes v Wolves
  • Dunk had a good game
  • No more injuries for Roma (plus Gilmour will be in) and Gross, Facu and Lamptey not having a strenuous full 90’.
  • ‘It doesn’t matter’ (Lallana)
Dunk was completely done for the second goal, he was raging with himself.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I know its a whooshy thread but I need some positivity 🤔

…. ok going to go and meditate on the bathroom floor, that should do it.

Seriously though: -

• I thought Ferguson looked better today than he had for a while - he seemed to create some space for himself and looked closer to scoring than he has for a while (despite poor finishing and still lumbering around in the 18 yard box with no acceleration from a standing spot when needed.)
  • Facu - one of the few players that hasn’t lost form
  • Barco was on the bench suggesting RDZ was pleased with his debut minutes v Wolves
  • Dunk had a good game
  • No more injuries for Roma (plus Gilmour will be in) and Gross, Facu and Lamptey not having a strenuous full 90’.
  • ‘It doesn’t matter’ (Lallana)
The fergie one is where I was at on the train home. Today he got into the right place 3 times. Yes should have scored twice but for the second (having missed the 1st) he still anticipated and accelerated into the area.

Another to add was that facu stayed on his feet and didnt dive on 2 occasions where last week he would have be PROSTRATE with frustration

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
We’re in what feels like our worst run of form since Feb-April 2022, and Chelsea are still 3 points behind us.
Here's my postcard:

RDZ is playing the long game. Its a long season and players will get tired. So rotating, resting, giving minutes to young players and trying out different things is more important than the result.

Villa away is easily one of our four or five hardest fixtures of the season. Losing it doesn't matter that much in the great scheme of things.

We also forget how much of a development squad we are. Ferguson, Bart, Gilmour, Facu, Adingra, JP, Hinsh, Joao Pedro, Baleba are all youngsters. Lamptey, Fati, Dahoud haven't played that much of late. They need minutes and they need to be given time.

So, long season, don't really expect or need a result at Villa, so rest, rotate and give minutes to youngsters. Losing 6-1 probably wasnt part off the plan though.
Meanwhile we slip down the table,morale drops and we start losing regularly.Which can easily happen
Onwards to Marseille 🙏🏻

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
A post of mine from September 2023
Seems to be coming true and please don’t flip the injury card there was enough quality on the pitch yesterday to do much better

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Welbeck rested for Roma.

Gilmour fresh for Roma.

Van Hecke actually looked alright in midfield.

Baleba proved his potential again. I think he’ll be an EPL top six player in 4 or 5 years.

Hoops did alright? He wasn’t continually blowing the whistle every time a Fulham player went to ground.

4 out of 5.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hansi Flick was at the match. 👀🤫

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
You are De Zerbi, aren't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here