Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My mate and I watch each other’s games on the Sunday if we don’t go and write up a quick match report for an unbiased view. He is a massive Wolves fan.

Here is his view on our game.

Watched the entire game just now
My honest unbiased appraisal
Sanchez didn’t really have one save to make.
Very good defensive performance never looked like conceding
Dunk outstanding
Veltman and the new left back looked special.
Especially Veltman so underrated
Boussooma was outstanding never plays a bad game.
Lallana and McAllister when he came on good solid games
Maupay did what was asked of him great trier puts in 100% every game.
I like what Welbeck did always a chance that his pace might grab a goal and his height is essential up front.
Trossard not just his goal had one of his terrific games hardly did one bad pass.
I know manager likes March but that new left back has a great left foot so accurate with his passing
Duffy another good game.
Man of the match
Toss up between
Trossard, Veltman, Dunk and Boussoma
Trossard should get it terrific goal and seagulls were better side for me by far.
However Veltman the unsung hero gets it for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Moder and Mac Alloster both made great contributions when they came on - they provided the assist for Trossard's goal, and that's not the first goals they've been involved with this season. I'd love to see them both starting (and Mac Allister really storming through a breaktrough season) - but how to work that, and who to leave out, is a (good) problem for GP. Maybe with Webster injured we'll revert to four at the back, with the Dunk'n'Duffy partnership resumed, leaving one place available further forward. Exciting times!

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Liked the way Bissouma had a right go at Lallana for giving the ball away cheaply in our half (second half).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think quite a bit of work has been done on player mentality pre-season.

We look far more robust and unlikely to be bullied out of the game this season.

It really was notable the way Trossard used his body to hold off Janssen for his goal. Decent strength from our Belgian international.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
What's odd is we're not actually playing as well as we did for most of last season. Getting the points when we haven't got into our rhythm yet. It's gonna be a lovely season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What's odd is we're not actually playing as well as we did for most of last season. Getting the points when we haven't got into our rhythm yet. It's gonna be a lovely season.

Proves my point from last season it’s all about the win, pretty football and no win is just pretty football.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone calling Trossard rubbish clearly has no idea and is best ignored.

Anyone calling Trossard, frustrating, mercurial or quality has a better grasp of the situation.

I loves the fella but do find him frustrating.
The goals he scores are absolute quality, some even come in games he's hardly put a foot right in.
It's as if he lacks consistency so goes from rubbish to fantastic almost as if a switch has been flicked.

I just can't sum that up in one word.

But yesterday, people were rubbishing him.

My Brother told me that Warren Aspinall was singing his praises. Man of the Match. Important player. Everything went through him.
Then on MOTD Shearer singled him out for a special analysis. And it wasn’t just the ball for Welbeck in the first half and the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here