Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Palace Away)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I know I started the thread but I’m adding another one. For the first time in months we have a whole week between games meaning we can do some really resting and tactical prep ahead of Spurs.
That is good. We really could do with it, need to work on our defence and breaking teams down. We’ve ground out results which is to our credit but not really played well, to our max, in the PL since the start of the season and arguably, all season.

Not too many as very very frustrating (feels like Groundhog Day), but:

- a point away from home
- keeps the unbeaten run v them going.
- Welbeck with a good goal, looked sharp and really important to have that option as Pedro may need to move wide if Mitoma injured
- Buonanotte looked very bright when he came on.
- Hinshelwood looked good again
- yet another assist from club legend Gross
- one game closer to the transfer window opening and a clear message today from RDZ he needs help from Bloom
- I got the correct score in score predictior

What did I miss.
Agree with all. January is going to be v interesting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Watching this video and hearing the die hard palace kids screaming for Mitoma at the start? Who’s their first team I wonder?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Apart from the two penalties we could have been given.

Could being the operative word. I think one was worthy of more than a 3 second check but we'd have been absolutely livid if they were given against us. I thought the referee had a good game overall.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Another season and year ticks over since they have done the League double over us. I think the last one was back in the 1930's.

Plus we've gone back above West Ham

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We’ve got bigger games to look forward to, they haven’t

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No penalties given , because there were no fouls committed or hand ball in the box , ref got most decisions correct
I thought the Hinsh one was a pen. Clear contact and stops him shooting, despite what the clueless co comms says. If that was one of the big teams I reckon they’d have a spent a long time looking at that… that’s my issue with VAR.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think having Welbeck back will make a big difference to our forward line, taking the pressure of Ferguson and João Pedro.

Best performance by Buonanotte yet. Gross, Hinshelwood and Igor all very strong.

The Baleba-Gilmour partnership has so much promise but they're just not there yet with any form of consistency. Can we wait a season or two for them to get there though, like we did with Bissouma?
Baleba to USG?

We won't do it, as wafer thin squad depth and AFCON coming, but a run of games there, there may help?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here