Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from the last 2 games

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is because he is not consistently good enough at this level and too many conveniently forget the numerous key mistakes he commits. He cannot defend at all ( see last night ) and keeps overplaying and losing the ball. Not just a few times but over and over again. He will not learn to adapt his game. We need more consistent, solid players at this level.

Agreed, sadly.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's a struggle, but focussing on the Chelsea game....Bissouma looked VERY good. He's developing into one of the best midfielders in the bottom half of the Prem. If we stay up I think he'll be an absolute star next season. There were several really excellent raking cross-field balls from Dunk - he can see a pass better than most decent midfielders. Andone looked lively. It was good to see Bruno back. If March hadn't gone off I think we would have held it to 0-0 at half time, and it MAY have been a different game. But Knockaert is a luxury we can't afford against the top teams. Even against Palace his defending was woeful.

I think we're good enough to take the game to most teams in the bottom half of the table....the quality IS there. But we need a bit of luck, too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Muzza didn’t start, so the NSC boot-boys couldn’t blame their usual scapegoat for yet another defeat. The youth and mobility of Andone made no difference to a toothless Albion attack ... due to non existent midfield support and creativity.

I think you need to take into account who we were up against - we could barely get the ball off them, let alone put together some meaningful attacks.

Unforgivable against Southampton. Understandable against Chelsea.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Another positive. Bwian is in Thailand so I don't have to listen to his drivel. The moany old tosspot.
Far queue

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Muzza didn’t start, so the NSC boot-boys couldn’t blame their usual scapegoat for yet another defeat. The youth and mobility of Andone made no difference to a toothless Albion attack ... due to non existent midfield support and creativity.

And also due to playing a team that's had hundreds of millions of pounds invested in it and which is a lot better than us, player for player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here