Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positive Discrimination

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Given that I'd wager I know a lot more about it than you do, from both sides, I'll be just fine, thanks.

Carry on.

Edna, are Sussex recruiting at the moment? At 32 am I too old? I would love to have the opportunity to be a police officer

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you think that policing the WORST parts of Brighton or crawley compare with even gentrified areas of london , where deprived estates sit cheek by jowl with million pound properties then id wager you're just trying to lose your county mounty inferiority complex.

I have no inferiority complex, my connections to the Met are a lot closer than you know, so I'm fairly well informed about what goes on on a daily basis :lolol:

I'm just saying that despite your apparent perception, your average London response officer will still spend the majority of their days dealing with domestics, drunks, assaults, shoplifters, people slagging off other people on Facebook and self harmers threatening to kill themselves, exactly the same as they do in Brighton, or in Manchester, or Nottingham or Plymouth or flipping Carlisle.

I know you love to big up your authentic Londoner credentials, but really, people are the same wherever you go. They drink too much, they crash their cars, they sometimes hurt or kill each other. They stick needles in their veins and break into houses. They shove wraps of crack up their arses and steal cars. There's just a lot more of them in the smoke, along with various other considerations that inevitably come with being the largest city in Europe. That's why there are 30,000 police officers to deal with them.

Since when did you defend the Met anyway, Bushy? There goes your image :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna, are Sussex recruiting at the moment? At 32 am I too old? I would love to have the opportunity to be a police officer

I think they did at the end of last year, don't know when the next window might be. Have a look at the website. You're definitely not too old though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think they did at the end of last year, don't know when the next window might be. Have a look at the website. You're definitely not too old though.

Nothing at the moment, although I have just applied for a role at Headquarters as a civilian administrator. Thank you for your help :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I think the clue is in the word 'Discrimination' - if you think that it is OK to not select the best people for a job then be prepared for a worse service...

e.g. Everyone happy to Fly with an airline that positively discriminates with its Pilots?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I think the clue is in the word 'Discrimination' - if you think that it is OK to not select the best people for a job then be prepared for a worse service...

e.g. Everyone happy to Fly with an airline that positively discriminates with its Pilots?

Hit the nail on the head here, which is why I'm against positive discrimination

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here