Posh v Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm really not sure what everyone see's in Rohan Ince as a midfield player. He had some very good defensive displays last season, but his passing, vision and even his touch really aren't very good, especially when facing forward.
Yes of course he is a big, strong lad and made some good interceptions/last gasp tackles. But I want more than that from my midfield players!
Would much prefer to see him at centre back.

Don't you think that the club already know this...you cannot just go out,choose a player and he'll turn up at the Amex with his boots.
Friendlies are just a run out to test fitness and see where you can improve...if you go on Friendly results then when we beat Chelsea 3-1 we should've walked the Championship.

But if you remember back to that Chelsea game, di Matteo was extremely concerned by the performance his side gave. Doesn't look like he was thinking " oh it's only a friendly". Whilst I agree they are great for trying things out and gaining fitness, I'm pretty sure they will be concerned by the performance too.
Personally today I thought it was a standard bha performance. Looked ok with the ball but failed to create much.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Probably for the best. Nobody can argue that we don't need more signings now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are key players short and have been since about 2 days after the end of the season when the manager walked as well. It's not like we haven't had time to sort out replacements. We have very little game time now before the season starts and we are well short of the competitive squad we were promised. I guess we can expect a very active next week or so if TB is gonna make sure he keeps his word about how we would go into this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

But sadly new signings cost money. We may need to offload some players before buying. FFP and all etc.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are key players short and have been since about 2 days after the end of the season when the manager walked as well. It's not like we haven't had time to sort out replacements. We have very little game time now before the season starts and we are well short of the competitive squad we were promised. I guess we can expect a very active next week or so if TB is gonna make sure he keeps his word about how we would go into this season.

I think this is what bugs me most about the Albion. We almost always leave signings until the last minute if we make them at all.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The squad is being tested during pre-season. Get everyone fit and see who is in form and who isn't, by changing personnel, sometimes en-mass, during a match. That is exactly what SH has and will be doing. I think you will see a strong line up vs Sheff Wed. Forward line of Fenelon,CMS and O'Grady or a perm of any two from three, looks good. The lad Fenelon I feel will be a massive plus this coming season.

My usual pint half full, I know. However, it is going to be OK, believe me.

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Only a few players looked as if they could be in the starting line up. Dunk, Ince, Lua Lua and Fenelon. O'Grady looked as if he will hold it up well. JFC has gone backwards if pre season is anything to go by and Ward needs to be signed up.At least he will know roughly how to fit in quickly. Chicksen not ready for first team. Dunk must start with Greer. Hughes looked one paced and not good in the air. Replacement for Upson?, I dont think so on that performance. Crofts must start if fit.You can see how Sami wants to play, but we haven't got the players to play it. Buckley was woeful and will never be able to play in a system that does not use conventional wingers.

So for me the starting line up for the opener would be as follows unless we sign someone soon and I am not holding my breath.

Walton
Bruno or Calderon (think we need someone else who is younger to play in this system)
Greer
Dunk
Maximenko (Prefer Ward if we can sign him)
Crofts
Ince
Toko
March or Lua Lua
Fenelon
O'Grady
Subs : Chicksen, Hughes, Calderon or Bruno,March or Lua Lua, CMS, JFC Kemy

Feel a bit sorry for Sami at the moment. Managing with one arm tied behind his back. Lets hope he gets some assistance from the club this week. Either way we are a lot weaker than this time last year. Good enough for mid table but not play offs as far as we stand. Only my opinion feel free to shoot me down:lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
another 90 minutes in the bank for some, O'Grady looks decent but bar that I'm sure Sami learnt more from that then thumping another team 6-0.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I think you'll be surprised. Plenty still saying we can wait 'til the end of the window. We can't.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think this is what bugs me most about the Albion. We almost always leave signings until the last minute if we make them at all.
Mad rush on final day like always which normally ends in disappointment and then the club saying there's always the loan window which opens shortly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The majority of clubs are in the same boat , there will always be a flurry of signings just before the season starts and up until the closure of the transfer window.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Based on what we've seen pre-season I'd say we can expect another season of attacking deficiency but without the comfort of having a resilient defence. Thats not just down to the players we've got either; the system it seems Sami wants to employ will leave us far more open at the back than in previous years.
Definitely agree with the second part. Whether Sami's (more adventurous) formation is going to work is strongly dependent on whether we can get the sufficient quality in the areas that will allow it work. From what little I know of the sytem, it requires top wing-backs who will get up and down all-day and contribute heavily in attack; athletic and intelligent DMs who can cover for said wing-backs when needed, and most importantly decisive, technically adept front-men who all need to be capable in front of goal. For obvious reasons those sorts of players don't grow on trees, but it'll be interesting to see the type of player Sami is eventually able to bring in (aside from the targets we already know) - and whether they even come close to fitting the profile of those I mentioned.

Needless to say, as it stands we're a pretty long way off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody good side Peterborough.

We'll play plenty worse teams this season.
Only going down by the odd goal is pretty encouraging in the whole scheme of things.
It looks like the squads about there and settled.
Happy days are here again.

Roll on Wednesday :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports