Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh release Trevor Benjamin

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I thought he did pretty well when he was here on loan & reckoned he would have been worth a gamble when we were desperate for a target man at the start of the season. But he seems to have gone completely off the footballing rails, did nothing at Swindon & was kept out of the side by Chris McPhee.

Posh give Benjamin free transfer
Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has handed Trevor Benjamin a free transfer despite having two years left on his current deal.
The 27-year-old scored two goals in eight starts last season and spent four months on loan at Swindon.

Dean Holden and Paul Carden will have requests for contract extensions discussed at a board meeting.

Keeper Lee Harrison, full-back Peter Kennedy and centre-back Phil Bolland have recently left the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/4766913.stm

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
bigc said:
he was the first albion player McGhee fell out with, alledgely
What, even before Iwelumo, Knight, McCammon, Kuipers & Jarrett?...

Hmmm...

Benji did well for us but we couldn't afford him permanantly i doubt even if he has just left a League two club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bigc said:
he was the first albion player McGhee fell out with, alledgely

Must have upset him quite a bit then because he was quite good when he was here, seems to be have shit since :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't seen him play recently, but he was excellent when he was here... worht a look, surely?...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was allegedly on 7k a week at Leicester, maybe he's not too hungry now? Certainly looked useful when he was on loan down here and was blinding many moons ago for Cambridge United.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fell out with McGhee after him and Leon bought a bird back to the players hotel before Wycombe away i think it was.

Didn't effect him much though, he played, and scored (insert scoring joke here):lolol:

There is something up with this bloke, he is getting through about 3 clubs a season at the moment.

His next club will be his 14th in less than 6 years :eek:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
There is something up with this bloke, he is getting through about 3 clubs a season at the moment.

His next club will be his 14th in less than 6 years :eek:

It's odd, because nobody seems to know that the 'something' is, yet he's still a dam good footballer at that level

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So we think, but ask fans of any other of the myriad of clubs he's played for since he left us and they won't say the same.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And Molango

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Give him a go, he shouldn't be too costly.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I seem to recall him going back to Leicester because they needed him in the squad due to La Manga.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
e77 said:
I seem to recall him going back to Leicester because they needed him in the squad due to La Manga.

Yep. He did well when he was here so I would be pleased if we did sign him. But we probably won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here