Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal V Wales

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wales really are very poor tonight, i am afraid that what is happening so far is exactly how i thought it would go.
I watched the ridiculous over hyping on breakfast TV this morning thinking that you are all going to be very disappointed later today.
But watching all those adults creaming themselves and doing anything to get a ticket and the thousands watching it on big screens only made me think that it was not long ago that Welsh football was played at a half filled Ninian Park because a quarter full Cardiff Arms Park would look stupid.

1958 was a long time ago. The team has been brilliant and the fans too. They have waited a long time. Shame they missed the final orgasm but that's sport. Well done you Welsh c****, you did yourselves proud.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dreadful first half, and Portugal killed it very early in the second. I think it was 80 minutes before Wales had a meaningful shot. For all the hype about Bale, perhaps it's Ramsey who's the real heart of this team, as they've looked poor from start to finish tonight without him.

Bale has played tonight exactly like Ronaldo has been criticised for in other matches: shooting from ridiculous distances, running up blind alleys out of desperation to make something happen, and giving the ball away far too often.

Any team that brings on Simon Church to try and save a European Championship match really is having a laugh. In some respects it's a shame, as Portugal have largely stunk this tournament out. Hopefully Germany or France will stuff them in the final.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wales really are very poor tonight, i am afraid that what is happening so far is exactly how i thought it would go.
I watched the ridiculous over hyping on breakfast TV this morning thinking that you are all going to be very disappointed later today.

But watching all those adults creaming themselves and doing anything to get a ticket and the thousands watching it on big screens only made me think that it was not long ago that Welsh football was played at a half filled Ninian Park because a quarter full Cardiff Arms Park would look stupid.

:ffsparr:

Not a good idea to make such statements if you are English...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think this match shows how awful this tournament has been , too many pub teams being over hyped

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Joniesta having a little teary moment there.

He shouldn't be upset though, as his performances in this tournament are sure to remind the Real Madrid & Barcelona scouts that he's still keen on the big move.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

At last, balance is restored in the football Galaxy ..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
:ffsparr:

Not a good idea to make such statements if you are English...

I wanted Wales to win, nothing to do with being English, they deserved it after the Belgium game and Portugal do not, and i detest Ronaldo.
I just saw all those kids at school this morning and all the hype, but i just thought that they would not play well tonight and unfortunately i was right.
I cant lord it up about being English after our shameful performance. Wales are officially better than England at football at the moment.

Cant believe that utter **** Giggs has his opinion when he used to choose which games he wanted to play in and pretended to be injured when he did not fancy it, he thought he was too good to play for Wales.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For all the hype about Bale, perhaps it's Ramsey who's the real heart of this team, as they've looked poor from start to finish tonight without him.
Hype? Wales are short on talent, so without Ramsey it was always going to be a tough ask, as it would have been if Bale wasn't playing.

Bale has played tonight exactly like Ronaldo has been criticised for in other matches: shooting from ridiculous distances, running up blind alleys out of desperation to make something happen
Because he knows the rest of his team aren't great, and that it would be down to him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hype? Wales are short on talent, so without Ramsey it was always going to be a tough ask, as it would have been if Bale wasn't playing.

Of course. But it really has been Bale Bale Bale in the media, which was always a little unfair on (some of) his team mates, many of whom have made great contributions to the cause. That's all I meant. Ramsey was a huge loss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course. But it really has been Bale Bale Bale in the media, which was always a little unfair on (some of) his team mates, many of whom have made great contributions to the cause. That's all I meant. Ramsey was a huge loss.
Indeed he was. Bale did play pretty well in the tournament though.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I think this match shows how awful this tournament has been , too many pub teams being over hyped
Amazing how people have stated the new format is such a success based soley on the fact that many suppossedly smaller teams have got through to the knockout stages, thats been at the cost of fluid attacking football. England were woeful but at least they tried to attack in every game but played deeply negative teams throughout, Wales got to play teams who came out at them, the Russia Wales played was a very different proposition to the one England played with a stupidly high defensive line, Wales were magnificent against them but it really wasnt as hard a game as people made out. They also got lucky breaks, Belgium should have had both a penalty and a Welsh player sent off that cant continue indefinately, to hear Giggs stating that they were now a European force was the kind of hyperbole and nonsense which led England to the sad state they are in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
to hear Giggs stating that they were now a European force was the kind of hyperbole and nonsense which led England to the sad state they are in.

I'm still recovering from the shock of seeing Giggs actually turn up for a Wales game. I'd assumed he'd have picked up a knock en route.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Although, to be fair, that's not Bale's issue. He doesn't court it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the hype about Wales has been overblown. They've beaten one decent side in Belgium but lost to a mediocre Portugal and woeful England side.

That said, they look cohesive, there's plenty of fight about them and the manager knows what he's doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here