Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth will get more than seven bookings tomorrow

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bit odd to say there will be more bookings this time...is he saying they'll try and injure us or something? That man makes me ill

Sounds like it doesn't it. Maybe trying to get Poyet to leave, KLL, Buckley etc on the bench instead of risk getting injured in a "mis-timed" tackle.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It could just be poorly worded,

"There will be more bookings in this match" - Meaning there will be bookings to add to those last time.
"There will be more bookings in this match" - Meaning there will be more bookings than last time.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect we are in for a kicking. The sort of old-school "welcome to the big playground" kicking. Hard, and if there is an opportunity to make a point with leaving a foot in, or a follow through - it will be done.

Cotterill will have them fired up after the Barnet debacle. Along the lines of "Get into them early - let's see if they are up to it", and I would think specific players will be targetted, like Dunk.

We are playing stronger, bigger teams this season - so may have to get used to it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a bellend. If they do lose their heads then it will only play into hands methinks.

Particularly rich stuff coming from a player whose wages represent everything that is wrong about those bill-dodging scumbags.

As possibly the only Pompey player that appeared interested in getting a result in that cup fixture last season Lawrence should have reserved more of his ire for his teammates, rather than us.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Let's hope they're are down to 10 men after 20mins - provided the ref has a spine.

Then it would be a good time to introduce Lua Lua and Noone for a bit of a jog around.

Mwaaa Ha HAA

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Can they afford the fine that comes attached to having too many players booked in one game?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I suspect we are in for a kicking. The sort of old-school "welcome to the big playground" kicking. Hard, and if there is an opportunity to make a point with leaving a foot in, or a follow through - it will be done.

Cotterill will have them fired up after the Barnet debacle. Along the lines of "Get into them early - let's see if they are up to it", and I would think specific players will be targetted, like Dunk.

We are playing stronger, bigger teams this season - so may have to get used to it.

This is exactly the approach I think Crystal Palace will take against us. I can see Vincelot coming on to replace an injured Dunk tbh. Teams who go at us like this will be beaten, I'm sure of it. It's the teams who will want to play football that'll provide a much sterner test. I just hope that we don't get so many injuries that we'll be missing players when we really need them ie against the footballing sides.

Well if they can't beat us playing football they may have to resort to kicking lumps out of us - bit pathetic

At this part of the season I reckon a lot of sides will try and get an advantage by nasty tactics.
As the cards mount up and suspensions start taking a toll, they'll be a bit more careful.

The thing is, that we don't have a perceivable enforcer midfield hardman who might threaten to give out a few bruises - so we look like a team of twinkletoes who can be put out by some industrial tackles to take them out of the game mentally or physically. This is very shitty, because it ruins football as a spectacle and once again challenges referees to put a stop to it early.
Some are ignoring rules about two-footed sliding-in tackles, coming from behind the man on the ball, and knee-joint buckling movements.

Referees really ought to protect good skillful teams like ours who can play the ball on the ground well, but unfortunately we're needing them to be one step ahead of these bad intentions and nasty tactics - and I doubt they'll be 'on the ball' to clamp down.

Notice how Doncaster spread the fouls around their players to be careful no-one got dismissed - and the ref for Gillingham totally bottled out from giving a straight red.

It's shit, that's what it is.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This is exactly the approach I think Crystal Palace will take against us. I can see Vincelot coming on to replace an injured Dunk tbh. Teams who go at us like this will be beaten, I'm sure of it. It's the teams who will want to play football that'll provide a much sterner test. I just hope that we don't get so many injuries that we'll be missing players when we really need them ie against the footballing sides.

Yep. This is when Gus says we need to be brave. And he expects the officials to be brave as well.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Would be pretty stupid if they did, considering they can't even fill their bench at the moment. Suspensions would make their situation even worse

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It could just be poorly worded,

"There will be more bookings in this match" - Meaning there will be bookings to add to those last time.
"There will be more bookings in this match" - Meaning there will be more bookings than last time.
True but either way the intention is the same.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
We've got to keep our heads and stick to our game. We can't shy away from challenges either. Like we saw on Saturday, many teams can get away with murdering our players. I can foresee Gus losing his cool out there tomorrow if it gets nasty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here