Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Want To Build Their New Stadium In The Sea

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if that gets accepted my faith in the planning system will well and truely be gone :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is VITAL that Pompey get relegated as soon as possible.

According to an American colleague* of mine, that Russian bloke who owns them is likely to fund it himself. He has a "keeping up with the Jones's" rivalry with Roman Abramomich apparently. And this bloke should know - my colleague is actually a relation of the owner of said shit club.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Concept may look good but it will be very high maintenance.....the sea air and salty atmosphere will age the new developements in no-time............very quickly it will look tacky and some of the the apartments may become empty and neglected...................................................i hope

i am jealous:censored: :albion:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pure scum , fans are inbred twats , club are jsut a bunch of wankers.
Dont wish what we've had on anyone , but as far as Pompey are concerned they can rot in Hell.

Absolute scum hole :angry:

f*** off pompey , pompey f*** off :angry: :angry: :angry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone who knows the Portsmouth area at all will tell you that this scheme is UTTERLY ludicrous. Great designs, etc sure - but the transport issue must surely win out.

There is one road in and out of Portsea Island -all the traffic bottlenecks already towards the Gunwharf area which has already been hugely overdeveloped without spending anything on keeping the transport infracstructure up to speed.

Getting 36,000 people in there on a Saturday, when it is already chaos anyway, will be hellish. But who gives a f*** about people sitting in traffic, so long as you can build 1,500 luxury flats in the most expensive part of the city, not to mention a large number of homes on the old Fratton Park site. This is the motivation behind the plans - money. End of.

Otherwise there are plenty of derelict and semi-derelict MOD sites to the North of the city at Tipner, Copnor, etc.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what happened to the plans to turn fratton park around by 90 degrees?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I hope they do get it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Complete Badger said:
Funny thing is, they could build it in 95% of Portsmouth and not have to worry about ruining the landscape because there isn't one. They just happen to have chosen pretty much the only nice part of it:shootself

Not stupid though, are they. How would they fill 1500 luxury flats in Copnor?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Reading from Portsmouth's Official website, there will be no parking. They will encourage everyone to use public transport. There will however be a park and ride scheme.

I must admit to being ever-so-slightly jealous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here