Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Saved?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well it appears so according to the person I have had the (dis)pleasure of sitting next to for a large chunk of my journey home from work. He got chatting to the lad sitting opposite me who, also it turned out, is a Pompey fan.

So Terry Pritchard whom I have had no trouble remembering due to the amount of times he said his own name, went on to tell this lad how he is fronting a consortium who will be buying the club. He even backed this up with showing e-mails from the administrator, Trevor Birch.

Mr Pritchard, claimed he had just been interviewed by Sky Sports and he was absolutely full of himself. Apparently, everyone was a mate of his from Bill Kenwright through to Guy Ritchie and he was telling this lad how he would dish out a free season ticket for him. I desperately wanted him to turn to me and offer me one so it would give me the opportunity to have a proper rant but I never got the chance.

The bloke was so tedious it was untrue, going on about he has done deals to sell some land around Fratton Park to Tesco. I hope the whole the thing goes the same way as previous Pompey take-overs.

So, there you go, not the most exciting of news but after having Terry Pritchard waffling on for God knows how long I thought I would come here so you lot can share the pain.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You listened all that time and didn't catch his name?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well it appears so according to the person I have had the (dis)pleasure of sitting next to for a large chunk of my journey home from work. He got chatting to the lad sitting opposite me who, also it turned out, is a Pompey fan.

So Terry Pritchard whom I have had no trouble remembering due to the amount of times he said his own name, went on to tell this lad how he is fronting a consortium who will be buying the club. He even backed this up with showing e-mails from the administrator, Trevor Birch.

Mr Pritchard, claimed he had just been interviewed by Sky Sports and he was absolutely full of himself. Apparently, everyone was a mate of his from Bill Kenwright through to Guy Ritchie and he was telling this lad how he would dish out a free season ticket for him. I desperately wanted him to turn to me and offer me one so it would give me the opportunity to have a proper rant but I never got the chance.

The bloke was so tedious it was untrue, going on about he has done deals to sell some land around Fratton Park to Tesco. I hope the whole the thing goes the same way as previous Pompey take-overs.

So, there you go, not the most exciting of news but after having Terry Pritchard waffling on for God knows how long I thought I would come here so you lot can share the pain.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

I don't for one moment question your post but wonder ,truly, if anyone would get planning permission for a supermarket next to Fratton Park given the implied support of the City Council.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Gadamak has land locked the land around Fratton Park to make sure no one can sell it or move the ground, or develop it, so I seriously doubt old Tel has sold any land to anyone. Think Tel may be a bit of a dreamer!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's a giant Tescos' just the other side of the M27, why would they want another one at Fratton four miles away.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I smell bollocks (not, I hasten to add, on the OP's part). But anyone whose burbling on to anyone they've just met, about their plans, and offering up free season tickets, is either a deluded wet wipe, or......actually I can't think of an or. Any savvy businessmen doesn't go yelling from the rooftops about deals they're doing unless they're a grade A twunt.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's a giant Tescos' just the other side of the M27, why would they want another one at Fratton four miles away.

From the old steine to sackville road is less than three miles. There's a tescos by the library, there's one near palmeira square, there's one by hove station, there's one along church road before sackille, there's one with the petrol station near fiveways (2.2 miles from the steine).

Those are just the ones I know off the top of my heads. To only have one tescos within a 4 mile radius is practically barren.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
From the old steine to sackville road is less than three miles. There's a tescos by the library, there's one near palmeira square, there's one by hove station, there's one along church road before sackille, there's one with the petrol station near fiveways (2.2 miles from the steine).

Those are just the ones I know off the top of my heads. To only have one tescos within a 4 mile radius is practically barren.

You truly are the font of all knowledge when comes to Tesco locations :bowdown:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
And Terry Pritchard does live on the South Coast. Terry Pritchard resigns from Alt-FS | News | Mortgage Strategy

TerryPritchard.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It's true Tesco is a machine, they'll be building stores on the sides of cliffs next and then invading Denmark.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ha!

Did he get off the train around the Gatwick area?

Was it early doors and he was drunk?

You see, I believe I have had the displeasure of meeting this portly over confident gentleman on the train too. It was over a year ago and after one of his equally loud mouth friends departed at East Croydon he started telling me about the millions he had in the bank and his connections with Pompey - blah blah blah bore bore. He was under the influence of drink so I smiled politely and said "quite."

Personally, if Pompey want someone like this at the helm then it would be par for their course thus far.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

All of those apart from the Church Road one are small branches. Even Church Road is not all that big. You have to go all the way to Holmbush for a reasonable size Tescos.
Having enough land to build a big enough sized Tescos to solve Portsmouth's Debt Problems unless Gaydamak is involved is not going to happen.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The fans down in Pompey are as deluded as ever. Was at a mates BBQ in Fratton on Sunday and they were all busy chatting about who is taking over, that they will be back in the Prem within 3 seasons etc etc.

These guys are my good mates and quite sensible usually and they still seem to think Pompey is a big club and will be saved (again).

It's quite alarming and also quite nice to see their naivety.

I told them that we welcome JCLs at the Albion and its not far to travel. Think there may be some genuine interest amongst them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They still need to get their 10 point penalty as well. Should take them down to -5 points.

League 2 for them I reckon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's face it, they are destined to be a small tin pot outfit for a decade or more. It won't be long before Bournemouth are bigger than them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here