Portsmouth really are a SHAMBLES, aren't they?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not entirely sure I've grasped this, as the whole Pompey saga is dull and unending, at least the financial aspects are, but there seems to be some suggestion now that, having put the Creditor's Voluntary Agreement in place, which secures "payment" of 20p in the pound for the non-footballing creditors, PFC are now hinting that they can't afford to pay even that amount. Hence the rumours about selling Lawrence etc I guess.

Personally, I'd say that is a massive kick in the balls if you're the owner of a company owed (say) £25,000 by Portsmouth and they're telling you that they can't even give you 20p in the pound, while at the same time paying individual players as much in one WEEK as the little man is owed in total.

Any accountants on here? Surely if you set up a CVA to dodge your debts and then fail to comply with the terms of the CVA there must be some sort of comeback?[/QUOTE]

In the case of an IVA the creditors owed the largest % of the debts can with the support of the other creditors peition for bankruptcy. I am not sure how this works with a CVA but would probably still be governed by The Insolvency Act of 1986.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
HMRC are definitely after a scalp now. A biggish one to serve as a warning to the others. Pompey look favourites. One day soon the cliched eleventh-hour reprieve will fail.

Yeah right.

HMRC don't go after big people. If individuals didn't pay their taxes, they'll come knocking but businesses will generally be let off scot free. There's more chance of Roy Hodgson being voted Liverpudlian of the Year than there is of HMRC winding up a club in the top two divisions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tal Ben Haim, currently on loan at West Ham, is rumoured to be on close to £70k per week.

Even when Pompey were doing well, what utter REET thought that was a reasonable wage for Tal Ben sodding Haim, FFS? Anyway, if West Ham don't keep him, then he'd go back, and Pompey would have to pay his wages too.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seriously, why did Gaydamak or Chanrai wish to get involved in the club?

I would be pretty pissed off with Mandaric if I were a Portsmouth fan, but he seems to have been forgotten about. Pompey fans have short memories as do pundits when it comes to describing them as being so hard done by or the best fans in the land.

The only time I have been to see them play (other than against Brighton) was a match in the old second division and they only managed to scrape a mere 8,000 odd (odd literally) fans into Fratton Park.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When this sort of thing happens all players at the club on over a grand should be placed on the transfer list. If with a week to go in the next or present window, no bid has been accepted, they should be allowed to leave for free in order to clear wages assuming someone will take them. If club demand 4 million for a player worth 1, they will have to accept zero and thus will deal.

Then the club can play a year or two with youths and slip down the leagues collecting 6 million tv money for championship, lots of sponsor money, parachute payments etc. and pay everyone back in full. During this time those amazing youths who are attracted to the club in order to play regularly could be sold for moderate money if a large profit is not being made and sent to creditors. After couple years they'd be in say league 1 or 2 with debts cleared and absolutely zero overheads other than a stadium. They could then PAY WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD to climb back from there rather than go tits up and start in like the 13th tier!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
They've only just signed Lawrence for an undisclosed sum!

Hang on, when did they sign Lawrence? I thought he was only on loan? They were allowed to SIGN him? WHAT THE f***?

So they don't own him currently? He is still a Stoke player?

Liam Lawrence clinches Portsmouth deal

Portsmouth have made permanent the signing of Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Lawrence from Stoke on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The deal should have gone through in August but his paperwork was not submitted before the transfer window and he had to join on-loan instead.

The 29-year-old has made 17 appearances for the Fratton Park club already, scoring seven goals.

Neither side have revealed the transfer fee for the former Sunderland man.

BBC Sport - Football - Liam Lawrence clinches Portsmouth deal

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Brown / Hughes:

Angry Lawrence calls for club backing - Portsmouth Today

As it stands, there have been no talks between the midfield duo and chief executive David Lampitt for a month.

That is despite Hughes stating he wants to waive the clause in his current deal which would entitle him to a new contract next season at his existing wage level.

Instead, he says he is keen to take a 50-per-cent pay cut.

The continuing stalemate has prompted an angry outburst from Lawrence.

He said: 'It's very, very, very frustrating with Brownie and Hughesie.

'I know for a fact Hughesie has offered to take a 50-per-cent pay cut to sign and the club are doing nothing to meet him anywhere in between.
'People might be scared about saying some stuff but I'm not.

'I just wish the club would sort it out because they have a good set of players here and if they add to it and sort Brownie and Hughesie out we could really go places.

'I don't want the fans to think Brownie and Hughesie are asking for mega money when they are not.

'They have offered to take massive, massive cuts but the club are not even speaking to them.

'They are not being greedy and I just wish the club would come back and say "right, okay then let's talk about this" or "let's try to do this", but they are just not interested.

'These players come down here every game, they are in the dressing rooms, they travel to away games, they are part of things, yet they can't play, they can't do their job.

'It really makes me angry.

'The manager is working with both hands behind his back at times and it is frustrating because he is a good guy. He's professional and just wants this club to do well.

'They need to back us.

'I can't say too much or I will probably get fined but they have got to start with what is here already with Brownie and Hughesie.

'Brownie was a massive part of things when we went on that great run, Hughesie was doing his part and is a really, really good player.

'They have offered to take cuts, massive cuts. Not just 10 per cent or 20 per cent but 50-per-cent cuts.

'The club are still not doing anything, though, so I would urge them to sort it out.'

Lampitt confirms offers made to Brown and Hughes

Portsmouth chief executive David Lampitt has said the club have made 'fair' contract offers to Michael Brown and Richard Hughes.

Both players have been sidelined, as the club do not want to trigger new deals on terms agreed whilst Pompey were a Premier League club.

Under the players current deals they will both be entitled to a new contract after their next appearance.

"We think we've made fair, reasonable offers," he told BBC Radio Solent.

He added: "The players are resisting those deals and that's their prerogative.

"It is a difficult one and obviously I'd like to think those players haven't played their last games for Portsmouth, but that's something that's not entirely in our gift."

BBC Sport - Football - Lampitt confirms offers made to Brown and Hughes

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Liam Lawrence clinches Portsmouth deal

Portsmouth have made permanent the signing of Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Lawrence from Stoke on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The deal should have gone through in August but his paperwork was not submitted before the transfer window and he had to join on-loan instead.

The 29-year-old has made 17 appearances for the Fratton Park club already, scoring seven goals.

Neither side have revealed the transfer fee for the former Sunderland man.

BBC Sport - Football - Liam Lawrence clinches Portsmouth deal

Incredible.

Seriously, why did Gaydamak or Chanrai wish to get involved in the club?

I would be pretty pissed off with Mandaric if I were a Portsmouth fan, but he seems to have been forgotten about. Pompey fans have short memories as do pundits when it comes to describing them as being so hard done by or the best fans in the land.

It was my understanding that the club was relatively stable when Mandaric left, and that they had pretty minimal debts. Gadyamak was the major problem, and he didn't actually want to give the club any money, only lend it to the club. As such he was in charge and sanctioning crazy purchases while not actually investing in the club. He's done everything in his power since to screw the club over while still giving him the best chance of getting at least some of his money back.

Chanrai only took ownership of the club when it became clear that the owners could not honour the terms of a loan they'd agreed with him. He's apparently been a reluctant owner ever since; I suspect that the only reason that he took the club out of administration was because there was no other credible buyer, and without one presumably the club would have been wound up. It is worth more to him (in terms of resale value) as a going concern (due to the league membership and recent 'history' of the club) than as individual assets.

Lampitt confirms offers made to Brown and Hughes

Portsmouth chief executive David Lampitt has said the club have made 'fair' contract offers to Michael Brown and Richard Hughes.

Both players have been sidelined, as the club do not want to trigger new deals on terms agreed whilst Pompey were a Premier League club.

Under the players current deals they will both be entitled to a new contract after their next appearance.

"We think we've made fair, reasonable offers," he told BBC Radio Solent.

He added: "The players are resisting those deals and that's their prerogative.

"It is a difficult one and obviously I'd like to think those players haven't played their last games for Portsmouth, but that's something that's not entirely in our gift."

I believe Michael Brown is on £35,000 per week. Un-be-lievable.

Given these two quotes I can see how the impasse might arrive. Brown offers to take a 50% pay cut to £17.5k a week (which for him is a serious cut in income), but it's still a ridiculously high amount, surely far above his market worth and more than Pompey want (or can afford) to pay.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Put simply they should be KICKED OUT and FORCED to start all over again from non league.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if the offers to Brown and Hughes include a relegation clause which would cut their wages by another 50% to what is now on offer ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was my understanding that the club was relatively stable when Mandaric left, and that they had pretty minimal debts. Gadyamak was the major problem...

My problem with Mandaric is that he buys a club on the cheap and then sells them for a fortune to whoever comes along with the cash. He sold his shares in Portsmouth for £40m+ having bought them for £1. I think the rot started under Mandaric, all sorts of signings going through - England Internationals, half of Africa and what-have-you. He has owned a club in the US, a Belgian team, Nice, Portsmouth, Leicester and now Sheffield Wednesday. Why is he so keen to flit around? He sold Leicester and it then transpired that he was to stay on as chairman.

The Saint

Jan 7, 2011
Just to clear up a few misconceptions on here.

The Cheating Skate Bar Stewards have not recieved any parachute payments. The FL are distributing them directly to cover their football creditors.

The CVA is 20p in the pound but over 5 years. But there is a clause in it that states that costs can be deducted from the 4p in a pound due in Feb. Chances are they won't be able to afford it all as they are well down on players sales. Hoped for 10m in the summer and got bugger all, and 4m in this window.

They have NO reserve team and only a handful of youth players. They do have 3 players registered as overage players in youth team (to keep them out of the first team squad). Under the terms of the CVA there is a wage cap on first team, and all finances are regulated monthly by FL. It is down to the high earners they brought in why they cannot have a big squad or any parity on wages.

Their fans are so blinkered but some are finally seeing the light.

They have NOOOOO assets as a club whatsoever. The stadium is owned by Chanrai himself, all the surrounding land is Gaydamaks. They rent the training ground in Southampton. Even the club shop isn't theirs. Good job the game is at your place as the ticket office (which has had to be moved as Gaydamak kicked them out) can't cope and fans queued up til half time to get in at Nottarf Krap last week.

Have had a good read on here seeing your opinion on the Cheats down the road. If you want a more informed read have a look at this:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga/page722

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haha, I've been name checked on the Saints site :clap2:

Does it really come across that much that I don't like Pompey? :whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a fantastic rant:

"Stop right there Ho you dirty little ****ing pikey, just ****ing stop.

Why Ho why do you turn up and try and defend your club.

if you ever manage to stop picking up rollie buts off the floor down at John Jaques and look up to the sky, or even put your web-proof sandals on and venture over the white cliffs of paulsgrove, you will see that the rest of the world will no longer take the skates seriously, the world holds you in contempt.

If fact, why don’t you just go and ****ing choke on storries cock you ****.

For your information, your accounts from way before your first fa cup theft demonstrated clear insolvency, with unsecured liabilities of WAY over £60m (may have been 80 IIRC). Even back then you mugs valued your pathetic little cesspit of a stadium at £10m, which is clearly ****ing rediculous as even the dimmest of oik speaking skates can see its nothing but a liability.

I remember reading those accounts, and telling a skate mate of mine there and then, you’re ****ed. he is a typical one though, poorly educated and can’t comprehend anything other than Sol cambell earning 100k a week is a lot.

You had plenty of problems with the taxman/HMRC way before Gadymack stopped pretending to fund you, he himself had previous for mugging off charities and the taxman through his old insolvent companies, he is a career theif, no wonder he ended up sticking one up a bunch of ******s like you.

In one of your many many shameful court appearances (broadcast to the world on skysports news, by their chief news reporter, how embarrassing) a judge mentioned that you had been doging tax and paye since 2006.

I think you have conveniently forgotten that your former heros milan, redknapp and storrie are all up for tax evasion, you have been a launderette for years, and you have been pumping your disposable income straight into the bank accounts of a bunch of criminals - no wonder your so ****ing bitter!

Willie Mckay anyone? or have you forgotten that name too in your typically skate short memory? He was/is arrys agent, and does all his dirty work for him, such as illegal transfers of Amdy Faye, and manipulating book making markets. After arry stated 'i will never return to pompey' a staggering £16m was lumped on arry to go back to the fish ****ing retards, after he had offered guarantees he wouldn’t. 16m sounds a bit much for a speculative punt no? it is believed that arry personally profited £6m on the bookies through his act of deception - cheers Willy!

You, are, stupid. You forget all the dirty little games that has gone on at your club. I could go on and on reciting examples of theft, deception, corruption all day long if I had the time. mind you, there’s probably not much point as you are clearly as ****ing retarded as all them pompey birds i used to **** on the back of a fake name. ho how i used to chuckle, they were so ****ing dim, and so ****ing easy, ‘come on you saints’.

you all ****ing are, at least they didn’t turn up to get arse ****ed by gaddy, daddy and chinny week in week out.

You had 6 ****ing months to sort out Standard Chartered you ****, banks don’t just put guns to people’s heads you know, unless they are owned by your former gun running owners, them boys have 200k landmines and 20 military tanks to mess about with. Totally ****ing disgusting.

any news on gaddafi? its such a shame that you lot are part of Hampshire, you drag our reputation into disrepute, its really ****ing embarrassing being associated by default with a bunch of inbred ****s with bells.

The Halford incident the other day summed it up for me, getting a straight red for head butting. Your manager accepts the decision with grace, before remembering that he is in skate land and nothing can be done without causing misery and misfortune to others. **** it, why don’t we whack in a frivolous appeal and stitch up Wovles, who ****ing cares about the football fraternity, we don’t ****ing care about anyone, we don’t even care about robbing terminally ill children!

im surprised mick lent you halford at all, after you illegally out bid solvent wolves last year for players you blatantly couldn’t afford.

I feel for you, the skates and your small time ****ing lives, constantly being looked down upon by the world, its a submissive experience going on that island that stinks of rotten seaweed and the scent of desperation in every corner you turn. i guess you lot just can’t understand the solvency principles, or general decency. the majority of your city are on the take in one way or another, and in the majority of cases, income has always been a bit of chicken feed thrown down by the government, because the majority of you are ****ing incapable of doing anything other than squabbling about whether to drink excelsior or lynx from lidls for the dole queue.

i hope the skates continue to crumble, I particularly liked the article composed with great fear from mr Limpitt, he clearly reads forums and he is well aware that he is fighting a losing battle. Limpitt will eventually toss you lot in ****ter and go on to work at a genuine business, as will cotteril (he is still ruing for not holding out to apply for his dream job - saints).

Pompey is going down with no money in the bank, once again.

Happy New Year Chinny chin chin, and good luck in your 23% rape of the skates, your doing them skanky little ****s for every last penny they have and us saints find it all very amusing.
The skates are ****ed, and there’s three clubs in league one who are all well aware of what you have done, and we don’t want you in our south coast – its better for the south coast if you just **** off and liquidate.
Ho, go and throw yourself off the ****ing m275w."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I enjoyed that one too, a supremely bitter (but essentially correct) rant.

That Halford thing is a disgrace too, they appeal frivolously, allowing him to play in their most recent game, the last of his loan spell, but knowing that if the ban is upheld, they'll just chuck him back to Wolves, who then can't play him for the next four games (one added on by the FA for the stupidity of the appeal). Whereby the thieving shysters will sign him and his extravagant wages back up again, just in time for the end of the transfer window.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports