Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth offer new contracts to four

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Is it just me or is anyone else pissed off that Portsmouth are offering new contracts to four players including David James?

I heard somewhere that they were capping their players wages to £10k a week. How the hell can they do that if they owe £138 million? It just seems so wrong.

I guess James will stay in the Premier anyway so probably just a gesture to offer him a new deal.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I heard somewhere that they were capping their players wages to £10k a week. How the hell can they do that if they owe £138 million? It just seems so wrong.

Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a good idea seeing as some of their players are on £100k odd at the moment?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's an old saying. If you owe the Bank £20,000 you've got a problem but if you owe the bank £70million they are the ones with the problem. Looks like Pompey have heard this saying too.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a good idea seeing as some of their players are on £100k odd at the moment?

Nope. Their top wage earner is on £57,500. But I agree, a good idea to cap their wages. (Of course, anyone on anything near £10,000 has a transfer value and therefore will be sold!!)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Quiet frankly i find this whole portsmouth saga a bloody shambles:US:

Surely all this recent success and fa cup finals has been done by default?:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here