Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth get away with it- AGAIN!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They came out of Administration this season, so they should get the deduction this season - simple.

not necessarily so - pretty sure that there was a change to the rules to prevent clubs going into admin at the end of a season once relegation was certain as an abuse of process effectively avoiding any meaningful punishment.

Hearing some real horror stories about bullying and threatening behaviour by some of the supporters trust members - a story that still has a way to run I think.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
pisses me off,still if The shot's can stay up at least we get our Yokel Hampshire cousins coming up to wreck our town just like the 70's:tosser::tosser:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the club is genuinely being taken over by a supporters trust and they run the club within it's means then good luck to them.
It's not good for the game to see any club going under.
I hope Bury find a way out of heir troubles too. It must be a difficult task maintaining a club in an area with so many clubs close by.

Its all about the money , if they are successful in coming out of administration by the end of the season the final parachute payment from the Premier League will be shared out between the administrators , PST , the city council who have made a loan to PST and all the others with a finger in the pie.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
not necessarily so - pretty sure that there was a change to the rules to prevent clubs going into admin at the end of a season once relegation was certain as an abuse of process effectively avoiding any meaningful punishment.

Hearing some real horror stories about bullying and threatening behaviour by some of the supporters trust members - a story that still has a way to run I think.

The rule chnage was bought in when Leeds went into Admin on the last day of the season knowing only 10-0 win would have kept them up so the ever likeable Ken Bates put Leeds into Admin I think around lunchtime on the day of the game!!!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
The points deduction will apply when they exit admin which has to this season (which it will now) otherwise the FL would withdraw their golden share

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The points deduction will apply when they exit admin which has to this season (which it will now) otherwise the FL would withdraw their golden share

The FL can wait until the last moment before imposing the points deduction if there is any chance of them getting enough points to stay up. If they are relegated without the need for a points deduction the FL can carry over the points deduction to next season. The withdrawal of the golden share which basically means expulsion will only happen if the club cannot come out of administration before the new fixture list is compiled because of the delays in the high court hearing and the previous deadline.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
From what I have read, and heard, the fans have FINALLY got their act together and the club is being taken over by a supporters trust and will be the biggest fan owned club in the country. That has surely got to be really really good news - fro Pompey, and for all supporters battling to save their clubs from greedy moneymen. Or is there more to the story? (Not really up to speed on it I'm afraid)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm pleased by the news - does that make me bad?

I'm chuffed for their fans. Nothing against them at all. Sorry if that's not popular on NSC.

Can't stand the likes of Chanrai. To me, a variation on Archer, and the worst type of capitalist.

British football clubs, their immense and long history, connection with their communities .... are the Club. Not fly by night majority shareholders and chancers, registered as in control at Companies House.

Dandyman

In London village.
A supporters group rather than some spiv or gangster have taken control of Fratton. Regardless of rivalry, I regard that as a positive thing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Bullying and threatening behaviour against whom, and for what reason?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The FL can wait until the last moment before imposing the points deduction if there is any chance of them getting enough points to stay up. If they are relegated without the need for a points deduction the FL can carry over the points deduction to next season. The withdrawal of the golden share which basically means expulsion will only happen if the club cannot come out of administration before the new fixture list is compiled because of the delays in the high court hearing and the previous deadline.

Seems like the right people are now in charge. The ideal is really that they get relegated, and have to take the points deduction next year.

After that I reckon justice has probably been done, and the fans can start to build the club back up the right way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine if Bury were to go bust over a million, while Pompey write off nearly a hundred million and waltz away unscathed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Simple really - cheating pays!!This
club does not belong in the Football League.

The fans, community and the immensely historic club didn't cheat.

Some recent owners and NOT lifelong fans, went on a spending spree, which appears to be negligent trading in terms of Company and Insolvency law.

Their fault, not the fans or City's.

Nice that at the end one of those owners lost out heavily.

The club will rise again. A large catchment area and they are passionate about their club.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A supporters group rather than some spiv or gangster have taken control of Fratton. Regardless of rivalry, I regard that as a positive thing.
Me too. But it should be AFC Portsmouth in Ryman South. Administration and the ability to write off debts distorts the competitive element of sport. Everything they have "achieved" before is tainted; everything they achieve afterwards is only because the debt is written off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here